Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? May 31 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? May 31 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week I swam M-F for a total of 24,625 yards.

I had an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon on Friday afternoon and we decided no more swimming - or anything that has the possibility of causing the tiniest motion in my foot - in hopes of getting my stress fracture to heal on its own. If it doesn't heal I'll have surgery on 6/22 to put a pin in it. The decision about that will be based on x rays on 6/16.

I am proud of myself for:
-stopping working out, basically (I did some stretching and core this AM)
-making sure I get enough calcium
-making sure I get enough calories (the desire to just stop eating has been really, really strong, because no one ever seems to believe how much emotional pain I am in unless it is visible on my body, and even if they would believe the words I simply cannot describe how devastating this feels sometimes. Not all of the time, but sometimes). Anyway, I know I will never be able to forgive myself if I don't do everything possible to avoid surgery, and that at least has gotten me to eat enough the past couple of days. It would be so much easier to become a skeletal human again)
-making a page in my journal for a list of non-exercise coping strategies so I have a go-to list when I need them. I am on day 17 in a row of healthy coping skills which is the longest streak in awhile!
-reaching out for help and support both in real life and on the main forum
- letting myself feel all the feelings

There are lots of thing I'm grateful for in terms of being injured around family (Rather than OK), having the $$$ for medical stuff insurance won't cover, etc --- I'm very aware this could be a lot worse.

My goal for the coming week is to keep doing everything I can to avoid surgery.

I hope you all are doing a lot better than I am physical-health wise!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply