Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? March 29 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 29 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals this week:
journal every day
mental and physical health (=> keep the run mileage in check)

I journaled once or twice. I had 6/7 days with healthy coping skills! I did a good job with the run mileage in check, too (roughly a 10% increase from last week's mileage).

s: 4400 m in 2 swims
b: 102.7 mi in 4 rides
r: 43.6 mi in 5 runs

goals this week:
fast bike ride to replace one of my usual noodle sessions
have 7/7 days with healthy coping skills

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 29 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got my walk in on Tuesday. I was good to see the run buddies I hadn't seen in awhile. Most of us are fully vaccinated due to age or profession (lots of medical peeps & teachers). Got the bike set back up on Zwift and rode on Sunday.
This weeks plan- Monday- Zwift ride & Touch of Disney- done & done (ate a lot and walked a lot, my mom came with me, she used an electric scooter). Tuesday- walk/run- with run group, maybe do some more running, we are training mostly on trails right now. Weds-Fri- see if the pool at one of the gyms near work are open and go for a swim. Sat /Sun- bike ride, maybe run too.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
69 miles on the bike and 2 hours of strength and yoga. I got the second Pfizer shot on Friday so I had a 3-day headache. I tried to ride with a little intensity Friday after the shot but that was a no-go. I kept it easy on Saturday and a little harder on Sunday. All were trainer miles since we had 7 inches of rain within 30 hours over the weekend, plus tornado and thunderstorm watches. Flash flooding and at least 10 people dead. It's nice now, but more rain tonight/tomorrow. I am over this weather!!

I hope I get to ride outside this coming weekend.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 29 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woo hoo immunity!!!! Congrats on making it to the other side :)

TC-sounds ike things are kinda humming along for you. Good to hear:)

I once again did everything that I needed to last week. I got a new smart trainer yay! I have no idea how to use it yay! IT's Tacx, and does anyone else get frustrated with complicated needs for Garmin devices, with very few instrucitons? It's like they want to be Apple, so they send you this expensive thing with few instructions and don't put any up on the internet neither. But actually, you need two different apps and to do X,Y, and Z to connect this to that, and then it's going to feel weird so you need to do this and that and so on and so on, but they don't tell you how.... Anyway, I'm an avowed Luddite, so that might have something to do with it.

All of that is to say that I hopped on the new trainer for my long ride on Saturday and the first hour was extra hard because it wasn't set up correctly (I calibrated it, but the cadence and power were way off... They still are, I just switched back to my old power meter as a quick fix). So I toughed it out becuase I'm an idiot and then had to power throught the rest of my 3-hr trainer ride and then my long run the next day on extra tired legs. Whatever, I survived, so hopefully it's a deposit in the fitness bank.

Upside: it feels AMAZING, SO MUCH better than the cheap trainer I got off craigslist 2 years ago when I started all this.

This week:

M: 2400 yd swim (check!)
T: RESTRESTREST
W: Fartlek run and strength
Th: tempo ride
F: Tempo run and strength
Sa: long ride
Su: long run

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 29 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy Hump Day, Ladies! It's been a busy but good week, and I hope the same for everyone too!
Bing, nice work getting the new trainer set up! Isn't new hotness entirely way better than old and busted? It'll go a long way to help you get ready for your season!

Last week's goal was to survive the colonoscopy, and I'm here! Man, a week of eating low/no fiber, a day of liquid diet, and then a half day of nothing but that nasty-ass prep stuff put me in a MOOD. Thankfully everything went well, and I'm clear for FIVE years now instead of three! We also had a burst of good news here in Casa Cupcake, and the hubs got his first round of vaccine yesterday (for those not following along, MD has been a shiiiiiiitshoooooow for rollout), which is a HUGE relief considering that he's high risk. Now it's my turn...eventually. The FOMO has kicked in HARD.

This week's goal: Easing into Ironman training! I love long runways :)

M- Easy hour on the trainer and a mile run brick, then strength (push day). Check!
Tu- 75min on the trainer and an hour of yoga. Also check!
W- Pull day strength and a 50 minute run. Also also check and a bonus check for beating the crummy weather!
Th- Swim! And then a 10k in the afternoon.
F- 30mi ride on Rouvy and a 25min run brick
Sa- 12mi run with the tri team
Su- REST! Also it's Easter and I have no idea what we're doing or having for dinner, lol.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 29 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So many nopes, have I, for that colonoscopy story! Take 'em. Take 'em allllllllllllll.

Enjoy the dawn of race training 2021!!!

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply