Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? March 23 Edition
Quote | Reply
Update us!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 23 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a Monday, Ladies! I hope you are all being safe and practicing safe behaviors (which absolutely include not killing your roommates) right now.

Last week was a mess. New normal sucks. New normal without the Hubs' uncle is even sadder and suckier. Bleh.

I've been waking up at around 2-3am every day stifling a scream. That's apparently how my anxiety is choosing to manifest right now. Broke right through the Klonopin last night as well, which, greeeaaaaat. Things that aren't helping include people in my cycling club acting like toddlers with the whole "I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU" routine and riding together outside even though I put the stop to group rides a week ago. HOLY BATSNACKS PEOPLE STAY THE FUCK HOME.

I have been working out, every day, which is the only current bastion for my sanity. I led my tri team on a Zwift adventure on Saturday, and apparently I'm the new hired tour guide, lol. I spent 15 minutes on the phone with a world champion Aquabiker this morning trying to get her set up on the program. She's overjoyed and relieved that she got it to work, so mission accomplished for the day.

This week's goal: Keep at the new normal.

M- rest day (it's actually a recovery week? LOLOLOLOL)
Tu- Zoom dry land swim workout with the tri team, 2mi run
W- 45min Zwift with the tri team
Th- Zoom dry land swim workout with the tri team, and 30min of drills on the trainer
F- 4.5 mi run with prehab
Sa- 2.5hr ride on Zwift. If anyone wants to jump in with me at 9am EDT, let me know and I'll send you the deets
Su- Zoom yoga class

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 23 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,

Cupcake, I'm sorry about this sucky time and I'm sorry that your bike club people are idiots.

I'm ok. Things are settling down over here, and I'm stuck at home, so it's gone from crazy to too quiet. I panic bought a treadmill last week (cheap, off FB marketplace), so I can run at home if they impose a China/Italy/Spain-style lock down on New York. So, I'm all set up. Otherwise, I thought long and hard about packing the family up (husband, old sick dog, and me) and heading to SoCal, to be with my aging, at-risk parents. But I got over that. Now I'm enjoying checking in with them over video chat a lot. I've also been Skyping with a whole bunch of distant friends and watching Murder, She Wrote. So, everything has settled down over here.

My week:

M: recovery ride
Tu: REST
We: Interval ride
Th: Fartlek run and squats
Fr: Land-based swim workout
Sat: Long ride plus brick
Sun: Long run plus strength

PS-this fast swimmer and slow cyclist/runner over here is going to SMASH races, whenever we get back to them, since my training is almost exclusively riding and running now...

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 23 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So sorry for your loss Dr C.

I had a full on meltdown on Saturday, with sobbing, snot, the works. The catalyst was my father going in for an angiogram on the other side of the world. Anyway, it sounds like he had a fun day out at the hospital and they didn't even find the age related crud they'd normally expect so I feel a bit silly now, but on Saturday I swear it was the end of the world.

Last week my plan was 3 x bike (tick), 4 x run (tick), ? x row (landed up being 2), ? x core/yoga (landed up being 1 core and lots and lots of yoga). It was tough to focus during some of the harder/longer workouts but I'm trying my best to just keep on keeping on.

This week it's 3 x bike, 3 x run, 3 x row, 2 x core. The yoga is rapidly becoming a multiple times a day thing, as and when the need to step away arises.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, so this "safer-at-home" thing instituted by the state of California has ever so slightly impacted my workout routine, as well as my work routine (as in no work/no pay).

so last week I rode on Zwift twice , and Sunday- ran & ....swam. I am fortunate to have a pool in my backyard, so as to avoid all those "crowds" at the beach, that have now caused the closure of many local beaches. My run was around my cul-de-sac, once again to avoid the now closed beach locations.
Here's a link to the video of my swim--30 ft pool, unheated, and it was raining too.

This week's goals- none, just workout when I can, stay home (already canceled my Chiro appointment for today)
Monday- short ride on Zwift with some friends--too much climbing, too fast, had to cut out early (riding with guys)
Tuesday- might run, really have to do a pharmacy run for my parents today.
Wednesday- this is usually a swim day, might swim or Zwift or both
Thursday- do something
Friday- do something different
Saturday- Zwift ride ( in lieu of local shop ride)
Sunday- try to stay sane, maybe get some exercise in too.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We went under "Safer At Home" quarantine in Nashville starting Sunday night. So many people here work in the music, hospitality, restaurant, bar and entertainment, and travel industry so it's really sad for all of those people, most of whom were out of a job in a matter of days. Or people like the gal who is a personal trainer and late last fall opened her dream spin studio, plus, her husband is a musician, so double-whammy.

My work is still ongoing, just from home, though three of my trips have been postponed until who knows when. At least yesterday I got a large monitor that work had shipped to my house so working from home is easier (though I still have no printer or scanner so any documents I need printed will have to be done at work and FedEx'ed to me). I've been ordering dinner every other night from one of my locally owned restaurants. Some have switched to pick-up or delivery only so I want to help out as I can.

I've walked a couple of times. I really need to get on the bike and ride, but the bike is back where the house/window damage is so it's like riding in a dungeon. And no, they have not even started repairing anything on my house yet. Plus, it's been raining. Maybe we'll now have a couple of days of not rain.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 23 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. C, sorry for your family's loss.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 23 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've also been considering a treadmill purchase.

My goal was to use healthy coping skills. I did for the most part! I'm proud of how I've been handling all this.

Last week
M: 4000 m swim
T: 6.4 mi run + 2000 m swim
W: off
T: 7.3 mi run
F: 30 mi bike
S: 40 mi bike
S: 40 mi bike

goals this week: minimal running (I've been on the bike a lot and am grateful to have that), get some research done.

Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Mar 26, 20 8:54
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 23 Edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool vid!!! Thanks for sharing:)

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply