Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? March 15 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 15 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals this week:
journal every day
mental and physical health first!
I journaled most days and had 5/7 days with healthy coping skills

M: 8.5 mi run + 11 mi bike
T: 40.3 mi bike
W: 10.2 mi run + 6.3 mi bike
T: 6.5 mi run + 20 min stairmaster
F: 56.8 mi bike
S: 6.5 mi run + 11 mi bike
S: 46.5 mi bike

Totals
s: goose egg
b: 171.9 mi
r: 31.7 mi

My school is hosting NCAA xc nationals (the 2020 national championship, moved to spring from fall due to covid) so I was at packet pickup yesterday and today I am at the finish line. It is fun but also overwhelming. This is the sort of thing that I very much like to watch and help out, but it also causes me a lot of anxiety. I am proud of myself for coping with the anxiety so I can be a part of the days.

Goals this week:
journal every day
mental and physical health (=> keep the run mileage in check)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 15 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy Monday, Ladies!

Thanks for getting us started Dr TC. I'm glad that you're getting out there and pushing your comfort zones to do something happy!

Last week was a nice recovery week. I think I walked a few times? It was the last week of my tri team's offseason program, so I participated in those last workouts (including coaching one of them, more on that in a minute). I'm DEFINITELY still in total recovery mode, because my heart was in my throat doing pushups on Thursday, haha. And did I learn my lesson then? No, dear readers, I did not. Because I went out and led a ride for my cycling club on Saturday, 40 miles with a bunch of up in the cold and blustery wind. I was a limp noodle afterwards.

I am sad that the offseason is ending, for two reasons. One, because I am going to be SO DAMN BUSY starting in a week or so, and two because I am going to miss the athletes I got to coach over the past ten weeks. A few of my Sunday regulars couldn't make it to class, but STILL popped in to say hi and thank you for all the help I've given them. It gave me the warm fuzzies. I also ended the week with 4 more dedicated triathletes to coach than when I started, so the validation of turning 40 and continuing down this path that I've chosen is still burning strong.

This week's goals: Ease back into things

M- 3.5mi walk and strength work (resistance bands and bodyweight stuff, push day). Check!
Tu- 60min easy ride on the trainer, and a teensy weensy brick afterwards.
W- Another 3.5 walk and yoga
Th- Strength- swim pull cord session and other pull movements and core, and a 2-3mi run
F- REST
Sa- Leading the first tri team group run in a YEAR AND A HALF! Just a 60min out and back, and coffee afterwards with some of my faves.
Su- Longer and pushier bike workout (25ish miles I think)

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Took last week off, couldn’t make any swim reservations last week.
This week- got 2 swim reservations (yay-spring break) did 1 today (swimming in the rain, rain stopped just as it was time to get out). Since I am off this week & I am now officially fully vaccinated (aka 2 weeks after 2nd dose)- I will probably get a couple bike rides and maybe go out for a run.
Things are looking up here as gyms are starting to open back up, so I think I will be able to access the pool at the gym.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week:
1200 SYC swim
36 miles on the bike
1 mile walk
2:27 weights/yoga
6 hrs total

On Saturday, I did a Sufferfest 4DP test. I've only done one other one in July 2019 so the numbers I had to compare to were a couple of years old. I did do a couple of FTP ramp tests through TrainerRoad last fall and on those my FTP was 116 and 118 so I’m fairly happy with the new numbers.

2019 - 2021 watts
NM 294 - 410 (5 seconds)
AC 226 - 223 (1 minute)
MAP 158 - 158 (5 minutes)
FTP 131 - 137 (20 minutes)

I've also laid out the next 12 weeks of training for the 100 mile gravel race on June 5th. That started yesterday!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey TC, so happy that you were able to navigate discomfort and be a part of XC nationals! And Cupcake, sounds like your long-laid plans are really cooking at this point. Enjoy livin' the tri life :)

I'm fine. I did everything I was supposed to last week, with some adjustments for a pool disruption. This week is recovery after a big block of volume expansion! Don't quite know what I'm going to do with myself without 5-hrs. of training this weekend...

This week:

M: 2500yd. swim (check!)
T: REST (Smashing it!)
W: run
Th: bike
F: run
Sa: not long bike!
Su: not long run!

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 15 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BingTri wrote:
Don't quite know what I'm going to do with myself without 5-hrs. of training this weekend...

Sleep, stock your freezer with good meals that can be ready to go after hard workouts, do whatever little things you can do that will set you up well for the next block!
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 15 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
BingTri wrote:
Don't quite know what I'm going to do with myself without 5-hrs. of training this weekend...

Sleep, stock your freezer with good meals that can be ready to go after hard workouts, do whatever little things you can do that will set you up well for the next block!

The badass is wise with badass advice.

Something else you can do is organize and optimize your gear. Take out stuff that can't be worn anymore in normal rotation, assess your bike mechanical stuff like helmet, shoes, etc., give your bike a good bath, and do some serious self-care (mani/pedi at home, nap, a mentally distracting activity that you can do sitting down, etc).

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 15 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
and do some serious self-care (mani/pedi at home, nap, a mentally distracting activity that you can do sitting down, etc).

My favourite for this is browsing online and buying new gear lol
Quote Reply