Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? June 3 edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 3 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone!

We've had great weather over here and my hubby and I are heading out of town for a few days' vacation, so I'm a pretty happy lady over here. I hit all my training goals last week. I went an hour over on the long bike ride since I was having so much fun, and I probably shouldn't have--the runs immediately after it and then the next day were brutal. The lesson: stick to the plan.

This week, I have a trip and then my next tri--an Olympic distance. It's convenient that my Mike Ricci plan has a recovery week this week, so I'm going to use it as a taper. I'll do everything through Thursday, which includes two each of relatively easy swims, bikes, runs, and strengths. Then I'll take Friday off, and do a short swim-bike-run on Saturday to loosen up for Sunday.

Hope all y'alls are doing well.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 3 edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck at your race!!!
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 3 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy Monday Ladies, and HAPPY FRIDAY to meeeeeee

GiantNewb, good luck with you race!

And a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Scheherazade! I hope you had a lovely birthday weekend <3

Last week's goal was to behave. And I did. Be proud, lol. I hit all of my workouts no more no less, and got to spend the weekend with my team for the first time since IMTX. Two takeaways- one, never underestimate the power of camaraderie, because after still kind of mentally fumbling around since my DNF/injury, I feel whole again after spending most of the weekend with my squad. I cried happy tears with my coach after our OWS clinic yesterday and told her how grateful I am for her and my team. So many hugs, cheers, and encouraging words this weekend.
Oh but two...dear lord five weeks post-IM and I feel SO OUT OF SHAPE. The check engine light came on during my very hilly bike ride on Saturday, haha, and during the run brick it was all I could do to hang on. I felt pretty good swimming yesterday, and then was completely wiped out for the rest of the day.

This week's goal: ENJOY VACATION!

M- 2000yd swim and core
Tu- 90min Zwift before zooming off to the airport to...VANCOUVER!
W- 60min run and core, and exploring Vancouver
Th- rest day (weird day for this to fall but the rest of the week is packed) and EMBARK FOR ALASKA!
F- 50min spin and 30min lifting
Sa- Yoga and exploring Ketchikan!
Su- Climb Mt. Edgecumbe!

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 3 edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
happy vacation! Dumb question - I assume Vancouver, Canada? If so, the Grouse Grind is a fun hike.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 3 edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
have a great race and vacation!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started, Dr. Tigerchik. I hope you had a great week.

GiantNewb, good luck and enjoy the taper.
Scheherazade, I hope your birthday was lovely.
Cupcake, good job behaving -- enjoy your vacation.

I was a late-addition to a 250 mile relay across the Mojave (not competitive! So fun!) so I closed the week with 2 swims, 6 bikes, 4 runs, and a yoga class.

Today marks one year from my accident (crazy?!) as well as the end of my unstructured month off. Now it's back to work --3 swims, 4 bikes, 4 runs.

I hope everyone has a great week of training.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 3 edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the birthday wishes! I wanted a quiet weekend at home with some good food and wine and plenty of sleep and that is exactly what I got :-)

Giant Newb - enjoy your holiday/taper & the Oly.
Dr_C - Well done on exercising restraint last week and have fun in Vancouver and Alaska!
SoCal - have you got some time until your next race?

Last week I landed up skipping one trainer ride and one run; a lot of the week was a struggle because my brain just wasn't into it (the wildfire smoke didn't help). The goal for this week is to leave last week's bad attitude in the past and hit my goals of 3 x swim, 3 x bike and 4 x run. My in-laws arrive on Wednesday for the husband's graduation on Saturday and one of my biggest public education events of the year is on Thursday so I just need to remind myself that the workouts are good for my mental health :-)

Hope everyone has a fantastic week ahead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
happy vacation! Dumb question - I assume Vancouver, Canada? If so, the Grouse Grind is a fun hike.

Haha yes! I'm very excited to visit, even for a couple of days. We have close to a hundred miles of hiking in the next two weeks so I think the most we'll be trekking around Vancouver is a run through Stanley Park and a jaunt around Gastown and the Creek.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, but also maybe Kitsilano Pool? It's 137 meters of heated saltwater swimming glory.

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 3 edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SoCalTricurious wrote:
Okay, but also maybe Kitsilano Pool? It's 137 meters of heated saltwater swimming glory.

Literally me reading that and googlemapping it from our hotel location

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
SoCalTricurious wrote:

Literally me reading that and googlemapping it from our hotel location

DO IT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do it so I can live vicariously through you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals this week - keep using healthy coping skills, do a run with intervals shorter than a mile, do a long run

6/7, nope, and not really

M: 38.6 mi bike + 1000 yd swim
T: 2 mi run + 825 yd swim + 3.75 mi run
W: 6.7 mi run + 2225 yd swim
T: 6.2 mi run + 2125 yd swim
F: 9.3 mi run
S: 4.6 mi run + 1725 yd swim
S: 8 mi run

goals this week: run w/ intervals shorter than a mile, long run, bike at least once, use healthy coping skills

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 3 edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Likelikelikelikelikelikelikealllikes!

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My week was great! I spent 5 days in Kansas, seeing friends, my brother, nephew and his family (my 7 and 4 yo people), rocking the gravel bike race 2 hours faster than I thought I'd go (50 miler), and then the next day, spending the day at the lake house. Pretty happy with my race considering I had all of 179 miles in my legs from January to May. Not the most optimal training, but I'm now very motivated to get my ass in gear.

This week is recovery. Traveled all day Monday and went to Pilates last night. Heading to the pool shortly and hopefully we won't have a weekend of rain so I can get out and ride.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello, womens!

GiantNewb, yay for great weather, vacation, and some happy training. Good luck on your race!
Dr_Cupcake, sounds like a great week of meeting your goals and workouts and spending time with your people. Have a great vacation!
SoCalTricurious, that relay sounds like a blast! And, has it really been a year???
Scheherazade, so glad you had a good birthday. Food and sleep sounds amazing, haha. Hopefully you are getting a break from the smoke.
Dr. Tigerchik, you had a beast of a training week. Here's hoping this week is smooth for you. Do you need ideas for your interval runs? I usually rotate quarter mile, half mile, and mile repeats (when I am healthy enough to do speedwork).
Ironclm, that sounds like an awesome time! Hooray for a nice ride followed by relaxation time.

Last week was OK. Monday was a travel day home from the long weekend, and I got in decent workouts Mon-Thu but started to get a sore throat. I'm 95% sure it is allergies, probably from the trees blooming outside my work, because I took a nap on Friday but felt better Sat. and Sun. -- better enough to rally for a trainer ride and a wog. So, light overall training-wise. We did spend some time and eat some good food with friends and are dogsitting for my parents, so there was some fun thrown in there, too.

I was miserable Monday with allergies but have since figured out a good antihistamine combo and am doing much better. I have been doing my wogging and trainer rides, but PT and weights have been slacking. Yoga and swimming have been really slacking. Oh well, I am doing what I can with the hours I have. I've already done one ride, one wog, and one PT session this week, and I'd like to get in two more rides (one outside!), two more wogs, maybe even two weights sessions, and some yoga. We'll see how the week shakes out.

Happy training!

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 3 edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade, about two months -- I'm racing a 70.3 in August and then Nice in September.

Quote Reply