Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? June 1 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 1 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week was another eh week. But, the month of May was much better overall than either March or April. I did a lot of walking.

The pool has reopened, but they are limiting the times and the number of people at each session. I did not go last week as the times for masters was 5AM (no thanks). They have to schedule all of the youth, Olympic hopeful and masters teams with only one swimmer per lane, plus, leave some lanes open for facility lap swim. They added a 1PM for tomorrow so I'll go check it out.

I did go to yoga yesterday - there were only 3 of us plus the instructor. I wore my mask the entire time (80 minutes). It's Iyengar yoga so less chance of heavy breathing.

One good thing is that I only have ONE more thing to do on my tornado repairs and that should be done this week!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 1 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week: keep adding good days of healthy coping; keep riding more

I did ok. 5/7 days with healthy coping. I was too tired to ride lots on Sunday so I just did errands on the bike, then took a 2+ hour nap.

M: 59 mi bike
T: 10 mi run + 500 m swim
W: 7.8 mi run + 1000m swim
T: 6.7 mi run + 1600m swim
F: 10.5 mi run + 500m swim
S: 6.8 mi run + 500m swim
S: 4.5 mi bike

goals this week are the same as last.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone!

I'm....

In DC for the protests. So, I did some longer workouts before I left. There is no gym here and I couldn't fit my bike in the car with the gang of people with me. So, things are kind of out the window for the week. I'm keepin gup with strength, and walking around a LOT in the hot sun, so that's something. Hope everyone else is having a good week!

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 1 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
In DC for the protests.

You're awesome. Stay safe.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I'm not entirely sure I'm awesome. I spent a long time mulling the risks re: COVID. I have a lot to report from the trip, and at the moment, I'm quarantining in my house. My husband is mulling whether he wants to join the quarantine, or stay separate from me so that he can stay engaged in our community. It's a strange and terrible time.

But, there is military every-freaking-where in DC. Most are as young as many of the protesters, like in their early 20s. Carrying around giant assault rifles, riot gear, military vehicles, it's ridiculous. The protests are so calm, everyone's focused on safe procedures (and there's a lot of hand sanny and free masks, courtesy of Black Lives Matter). When we talked to the military folks, and the cops, most seemed very sympathetic, or at least empathetic, with the protesters. It's insane to think that the leaders of this country are putting its young people in this position.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh gals, I have not checked in in a long while.

It’s like January through March almost didn’t happen? I was back and forth between NYC and Austin because my Dad was in and out of the hospital and then he died on March 21st. Even though he tested negative for COVID19, we feel like there’s a big chance he had it. Side story.

All the way until the night before school was nixed for the kiddos we thought foolishly we might still go down to Austin for break. Instead we fled upstate to quarantine ourselves and we’ve been hiding up here since. We imported my in-laws from NYC and quarantined them for two weeks And having them up here is both helpful and also has its....challenges.

Also, our kids who were bopping along ok for the first 6ish weeks (hint:they were not ok)—started to fall apart at the seams, eh, maybe a month ago? Brutal. And I know that we are in a bubble of privilege, so if it’s still emotionally challenging in this cushy isolated sphere, then FUCK it’s hard out there in the real-er world. Uh, also, whatever struggles we are feeling, it’s pretty tiny and pale in comparison to 400 years of systemic oppression and trauma. Sooooooo there’s that. Just know I’m mindful of that.

Oh, and I’m just aimless in terms of training. Someday I’ll swim again. My coping mechanisms have not been so healthy. I have gained 15ish- maybe 18 pounds since Dad had the heart attack January 15th. I cannot blame much of that gain on quarantine. A little on the wine.

At least I have been taking a Pilates class 4-5 times a week- so I’m fat as a tick but my core strength Is ON FUCKING POINT.

I imagine when I get back on my real bike (gotta put in a shorter stem- that will be all my cyclist husband, he who refers to himself LOL as a “monathlete”) and RE-conquer my deep nervousness on wheels, I may flip over another better stone.

Hmmm...was that long enough? Love all around- Mimosa
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 1 Edition [YoMoGo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for your loss Mimosa.

Join us on one of our happy hours one week if you feel up to it.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 1 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I appreciate it. And I message Dr Cupcake for the link, right? Likely I will do that.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 1 Edition [YoMoGo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very sorry to hear about your dad. Been there and it really sucks.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply