Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? July 20 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 20 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals this week 7/7 healthy coping
lots of swimming

I seem to be stuck at 5/7. Goal this week is to PR ;-)
swimming check!

M: 7.5 mi run + 1775 yd swim
T: 3.3 mi run + 2575 yd swim + 1.7 mi run
W: 11 mi run
T: 3.8 mi run + 2725 yd swim + 1.5 mi run
F: 9.5 mi run
S: 3.5 mi run + 5200 yd swim
S: 4 mi run + 5000 yd swim

Totals 17,275 yd swim and 45.8 mi run

I hope everyone is doing okay.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 20 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to say, consistency at 5/7 is way better than 7/7 one week and 2/7 the next. I'd say you are doing great, but good luck with a new PR!

I went swimming today. It was fabulous. Pools here reopened today, but with 30min time restrictions. I'd much prefer 45min, but what can you do. For being the first day it was pretty smooth although I felt like I was racing the clock the whole time. I'm definitely out of shape - but the first 25m was magical. :P I'm booked in again for Wed and then I'm off backpacking with friends for the weekend.

So.much.winning this week.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 20 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm glad you have pool access again. Enjoy the backpacking!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HI folks,

5/7 aint bad!

And EDBB, I'm so happy you got into the pool again! Sorry about the lost fitness, but enjoy it!!!

Ah, last week was tough. I missed a few workouts. I was just real busy with a few work things. This week I am still under a tough-to-meet deadline, and I'm getting a little tired of juggling all these things, so I'm feeling more inclined to just lounge around, frankly. I think part of the problem is keeping my body feeling ready for exercise when I'm on a computer all day. I'm thinking about taking like a stretch break every hour or something, maybe that'll help. I dunno. This is going to be another tough week.

M: bike hills and brick run, which I skipped...
Tu: rest day, but I'm doing the above workout because I skipped it.
W: Running hill repeats and strength
Th: Swim strength and a short ride
F: Rest
Sa: long ride
Su: Long run and leg strength

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 20 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bing - sending you a DM with a recent email I got with tips about how to stay active/primed during the workday. Hopefully there's something in there that helps you.

Dr TC - echoing what EDBB said about consistency. Hope you get that PR this week!

Chugging along here. I've had my second session in the pool and it went waaaaaay better than the first one. I've managed to book 2/week for the next few weeks and more pools around us are opening so hoping to get the swimming built back up.

I've been suffering from the indecision that comes from not having a real plan in the books so I've put one in today. Hopefully it'll help. I just need to get back into a routine again.
Last edited by: Scheherazade: Jul 22, 20 12:44
Quote Reply