Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Jan. 4 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Jan 4, 21 7:01
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 4 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey! I'm fine. I did a race! A real 10k! And I PB'd again, which was doubly great as I've been working on running this fall. And I did everything that my coach told me to, so that was a win.

How are all the women? How was New Years?

This week:

Mon: Tempo run and leg strength (check!)
Tu: Ride, speed work
We: Fartleks and leg strength
Th: Rest!
Fri: Swim and strength
Sat: Long run
Su: long ride and some strength

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 4 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
End of December - terrible. Asleep by 10PM on New Year's Eve.

January 1-3 was great. Now to keep it rolling. Back to the pool today!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 4 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the PB!

Quote:
goals this week: mental and physical health, train in ways that let the achilles continue to heal, be productive at work
mental health - good coping skills 6/7 days. Physical health (+ niggle babying) I'll give myself a B. I did have a productive workweek.

s: 15,200 yds (4 swims)
b: 88.63 mi (2 rides)
r: 18.3 mi (5 runs)

I have some work meetings this week that I am not at all fond of (long story) and I'll be glad when Thursday is done both because those will be done, and because I have a dentist appointment. I chipped a tooth on NYE (don't chew ice or bite your nails!) and Thursday afternoon is when they can put the filling in. The good news is I found a dentist I really liked after my regular dentist failed to return my call, despite their listing "emergency dentistry" on their website. It took them 48 hours to get back to me. I think if you list emergency dentistry you ought to check messages on the weekend...

goals for this week are the same as last. I saw my orthopoedist on 12/31 and he is a runner (good find!) and I have a little bit of bursitis that we're hoping prednisone will take care of, so that's what's going on with that.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started, Dr. TC. I'm glad you found a doctor that will help with the issue!

Congrats on your PB, Bing!

Things are going okay, I've been sleeping like butt lately- fits of intermittent sleep and then WHAM one 10 hour snooze fest during the week. Lather, rinse, repeat. Lots to do with the start of the year with the tri team and cycling club. One of our VPs of the cycling club has COVID, and it's not looking good. It's scary and also maddening, because this person wasn't being the most careful or responsible. Sigh.

This week's goals. Holy crap I have a lot this week. Just assume that most of my days also include several training sessions with athletes, because they do.

M- 10 mile run with 5 miles at goal half marathon pace. Also, lifting- push day (check)
Tu- 20ish mile ride, 2 mile run, serious yoga sesh. I fell in with a pretty exclusive and AWESOME yoga instructor, who lives in the Swiss Alps, and have been doing Zoom Yoga with her twice a week. It's been incredible. (check)
W- 11 mile run, FORTY FIVE MINUTE SWIM for the first time in three months, team flexibility session before bed
Th- Dry land swim with the team and finishing out my lifting pull day with some extra work, 7 miles w/8x100s
F- REST DAY HOLLA
Sa- prehab and core for my 18 mile run. I have sincerely not run this far since spring of 2019 and I'm a wee bit terrified.
Su- Recovery spin on the bike, and coaching a group bike skills session for the team

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm having a week. The big kid is online learning for the week, so that requires some supervision, although he's been really good about remembering meeting times etc.

Our current restrictions end next week and I have my fingers crossed that the pools will reopen - but I'm pretty sure it's a pipe dream.

So I walk the dog (a lot), hit up the Tour de Zwift rides and I'm doing a Trainer road block (thanks Scher for the free month!). The riding will be easier to schedule next week (school trumps my bike time and we are sharing the laptop).

I keep thinking I should be trying to run, especially since the weather is warm and the sidewalks are bare.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 4 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
semi-stupid question dept: can you explain what a push day and pull day is for lifting?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
semi-stupid question dept: can you explain what a push day and pull day is for lifting?

Push day is when your movements are all push- think squats, chest press, shoulder press, triceps pushdowns or pressbacks, etc.
Pull day is when your movements are all pull- think lat pulldowns/pullups, rows, biceps curls, etc.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply