Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Jan. 3 Edition
Quote | Reply
Happy 2022, womens (and mens lurkers).

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 3 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M: 9.3 mi run, lifted
T: 4200 yd swim, lifted
W: 7.62 mi run + 2300 yd swim
T: 9.3 mi run
F: 6.57 mi run + 2000 yd swim
S: 7.31 mi run + 4475 yd swim
S: 1 mi run + 3425 yd swim + lifted

my goals last week were healthy coping skills and do stuff that makes me faster. I did mostly okay. Goals for this week are the same. I fly back to OK tomorrow, or at least I hope I get to fly back tomorrow (air travel having been a mess lately).

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 3 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
May the travel gods smile in your direction!

I'm mostly better here - it *was* covid in the end. They announced a return to stage 2 of our reopening plan, which basically means everything is shutting down, a bit of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted and from the look on our premier's face, he's realised that this may well be the final nail in the coffin of his re-election hopes. ANYWAY...

I don't want to say that these are goals because they are not my usual activities and I don't know if I want to commit to sustaining them... but every day this year I have gone for a walk in the trails near my house, and I've participated in the first two days of Adriene Mishler's 30 day series. Who knows, they may be a thing, they may not be, I'm not putting pressure on myself either way.

How are all the other women doing?
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 3 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
May the travel gods smile in your direction!

Thank you. I am a bit anxious about traveling today because who knows where I will be at what hours of the day or night, and being tired is a trigger for me for unhealthy coping skills. But I can do this! I am capable!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am going to make more of an effort to read, post, and get/stay connected!

This week (last) I have been battling a massive sinus infection which left me in bed and calling off of work for several days. So, definitely no training around here. My natural tendency is to be frustrated about losing the training time and being sick, but I am working on just incorporating these days into a natural downtime and not stressing about it. I wonder why after all of these years in the sport, I still stress about losing time and fitness to sickness as if I will never get it back. I guess it shows how passionate we can be as triathletes!

But overall I am excited for the year to come! I finally bought power for my bike, after all of these years. Of course it is still sitting in a box in a corner. Time for me to start the new year!

Everyone have a wonderful week of training, life, work!
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 3 Edition [detr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've always wanted to try a power meter - enjoy!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today was back to work day for me. New Year’s Day was spent at Disneyland, then home for an early dinner with family, including bro, SIL & nephews. Trying to get step goal back to where it was before the break ( made 3 trips to Disneyland during the break, but steps didn’t all count as I was pushing a wheelchair.)
This week- Monday & Tuesday- pool closed-heater broke. Not back to Tuesday track until next week. Swim or run a couple times this week , with ride on Saturday.
Gearing up for a big goal at the beginning of next year- my first marathon. I’m a swimmer, not a runner 😋

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 3 Edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ooooh it's a Disney marathon IIRC? Have you got a coach or are you working off one of the well known plans?

Quote:
I finally bought power for my bike, after all of these years. Of course it is still sitting in a box in a corner.

Exciting stuff - what type of power meter did you get?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
made 3 trips to Disneyland during the break, but steps didn’t all count as I was pushing a wheelchair.)

hold on, don't those steps count more because you're pushing something?
Yay for getting ready for a first marathon (and leaving yourself lots of time for the build up!)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did just fine on my travel day and am 4/4 days in 2022 with healthy coping skills! I am so proud of myself.
The streak is in total 6 days :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today’s challenge is fatigue, I am so tired from traveling

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey y'all!!!

Sounds like lots of us are doing a bit better. Glad you made it to OK TC, and Scheherezade take care!

I did all my planned workouts last week. I shortened the long run by like 10 mins. But that was it. That was a better week than I've had in a long time. Felt great.

This week:

M: strength (check!)
Tu: rest (check!)
We: ftp test (check! Right where it was last year, which, given what's happened between, Imma count that as a win!)
Th: Swim
Fr: short run
Sat: Long ride
Su: long run

We continue to have rolling crises with the kid. That's not something that I'll share too much about, but I know y'all are curious. We are hoping that a few changes, and some ultimatums, will help things to calm down. But, we're at the point where we're giving ultimatums.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 3 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kid stuff is tricky at the best of times. I hope you have resources/support to help you out.

I totally understand the need to not share too much. Sending you lots of good thoughts as you ride out this phase.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 3 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
We continue to have rolling crises with the kid. That's not something that I'll share too much about, but I know y'all are curious. We are hoping that a few changes, and some ultimatums, will help things to calm down. But, we're at the point where we're giving ultimatums.

I'm sorry it's stressful for all involved and I hope things work out.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
made 3 trips to Disneyland during the break, but steps didn’t all count as I was pushing a wheelchair.)

hold on, don't those steps count more because you're pushing something?
Yay for getting ready for a first marathon (and leaving yourself lots of time for the build up!)
The steps didn’t get counted by my watch as my arm was not swinging as I was pushing the wheelchair. Phone caugh some of the steps when it was in my pocket. Also got some “extra steps” on the Toy Story ride (shooting a slingshot type thing).
Got some sad news this morning, my local Tri-shop is closing on February 5th. They’ve been in business 25 years😢😢😢 and I’ve been going there for about 10 years, the owners became friends of mine.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I got the Covid. I flew to Kansas City on Thursday and the little dude (with the pink eye - which was much better) also had a little cough. So I either picked it up traveling the short flight to KC or from him (they never tested him since the pediatrician said it wasn't necessary since school was on break). I've had a runny nose and headache and that's about it. I flew back Monday and thought I had the "going from 70F to 17F upper respiratory thing" but the doc said go get tested so I did yesterday and the results came back last night. So no bike race and trip to Mississippi this weekend, which isn't all bad since it's supposed to snow here tomorrow and rain here and in Mississippi all day Saturday. At least I can still do my virtual reality exercises.

On that front - it's been 4.5 weeks and in that time I haven't missed a day and have lost 4.5 pounds and 3 inches. I'm good with that. Now to keep it rolling and get back on the bike once I get the all clear.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 3 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ugh, sorry to hear that. Hope it stays mild and you can continue your streak!
Quote Reply