Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Jan. 25 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 25 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The goal this week is healthy coping skills and self-care. I may come back with some actual sport goals, but right now I'm tired and have too many feelings about work to think about sport goals.

I didn't come back to do sport goals, but here's how my week looked. Many of these shorter bike rides were commuting.
M: 7.2 mi run + 1200m swim + 3 mi bike
T: 10 mi run + 5 mi bike
W: 7.5 mi run + 5 mi bike
T: 10 mi run
F: 7.4 mi run + 1200m swim
S: 15.5 mi bike + 7.3 mi run + strength
S: 60.5 mi bike

totals
s: 2400m
b: 89.1 mi
r: 49.4 mi

I had a rough week emotionally but climbed back on the healthy coping skills train on Friday and have been riding the train since then. My goals this week are mental and physical health and to do things that make me faster.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 25 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr TC, and erm, happy new year to everyone, because I haven't posted here in a while. I have been lurking though!

I've been doing a big bike block since I finished my run block, and my little old fluid trainer finally said ENOUGH on Saturday. I went on an immediate hunt for a new trainer and was lucky enough to find a Saris H3 in my LBS. An hour later we were setting it up and I was marvelling over the fact that it had only been made on 13th January and was already in my house on 23rd January. It's a massive upgrade from the fluid trainer and I'm quite excited.

In other news, the other half and I are seeing whether IMC will refund us our entries - reports on facebook and reddit are that they are doing so and tbh, neither of us is really feeling like we want to commit to training for an IM this season. We'll see what happens. Even if we don't get a refund we might pull the plug on it, but we don't have to make that decision yet.

In addition to dry January, I have two additional micro-goals for January - 10 minutes of core work every day (OMG this has made such a difference) and rowing at least 500m on 20 days during the month (I am so over this, but I am up to day 16, so I'll finish it). I'm going to keep the core goal into February and will probably add some kind of sugar goal (or rather, a not-sugar goal).

I hope everyone is having a good week. Bing - did you get another 10k PR this weekend?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Getting back in the groove, slowly but surely. Swam in a 25yd pool for the first time since mid-March, was able to reserve 2 days to swim. Got 3 days reserved this week, with one down already. Now just have to find the motivation to run or set up trainer/waiting on new smart trainer, to get a bike ride in. Was able to get my parents vaccinated when they opened up to over 65, so they got to go to “Disneyland” to get vaccinated, and they go back there to get second dose. I am waiting in a virtual line as I now qualify as a healthcare worker since I live with my sister who has Down Syndrome.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Tuesday Ladies!

Thanks for getting us started, Dr TC. I'm glad you bounced back last week and hope for good momentum for you this week. Speaking of momentum, the other ladies are killing it with their offseason goals! Great job Scheherazade and SDCali!

Last week's goals were to um, do stuff? And I did. I hit all of my workouts (mostly) but near the end of the week my energy was completely drained and I had massive tempo tummy issues during my long run. I took it really easy and switched around this week's schedule a bit. That helped a bunch.

This week's goal: Nail that second 20!

M- 2mi run and push day (check)
Tu- 8mi run and a hard vinyasa session (check). Also, doctor's appointment that I have to leave for in a minute.
W- 20mi ride with an 8mi run brick, team stretching session in the evening
Th- Team dry land and 8 w/5x600s? Omg real speedwork! Yay!
F- REST
Sa- prehab and 20 let's goooooooo
Su- 35mi ride including teaching my team class.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply