Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Jan. 18 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 18 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't set goals last week, or did I update from two weeks ago, so here's two weeks' worth of workouts.

Jan. 4-10
s: 3600 yds (2x)
b: 162 mi (4x)
r: 38.2 mi (6x)
strength 1x

Jan. 11-17
s: 2500 yds (2x)
b: 97 mi (4x)
r: 46.9 mi (6x)
strength 1x

Of the past 33 days, I've used healthy coping skills on 33 of them. Today is day 7 in a row. I spent awhile journaling on Saturday and that helped calm me down from the stressful thing.

Classes for the spring term start tomorrow, which I feel neutral about. I think I'm in favor of moving toward summer and I hope the term goes by fast.

The goal this week is healthy coping skills and self-care. I may come back with some actual sport goals, but right now I'm tired and have too many feelings about work to think about sport goals.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 18 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TC-there's so much that makes me smile about this post!!! I'm so glad that you've gotten 7 days of healthy coping skills! And, I think getting to summer is the main goal of SO MANY EDUCATORS at the moment. I know it's mine.

I'm fine. Got back on track myself after some struggles the week before last. I did all my workouts, and I did another 10k, in which I eeked out another PB.

This week:

M: tempo run and leg strength (had morning appointments, so not done yet)
T: Ride
W: Fartlek run and leg strength
Th: Rest!
Fri: swim and strength
Sa: 10k
Su: long ride

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 18 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, and congrats on your PB!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A solid week for me. 8.5 hours of exercise.

Mon: swim
Tue: gym, walk
Wed: swim
Thur: gym, walk
Fri: swim, dance video
Sat: bike
Sun: yoga, walk/jump/yell/freak out during the Chiefs v. Cleveland game

Today with the MKL holiday messes up everything since no pool, no gym.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a new week, ladies!

Thanks for getting us started Dr TC. Super proud of you and your streak! Keep up the good work :)

Last week was a shitshow. I was in a car crash on Wednesday (totally not at fault), and I'm dealing with all of that nonsense. I'm mostly fine, aside from whiplash and a bruised sternum. Running doesn't seem to irritate any of it, but being on the bike (especially in aero) makes my back feel like concrete.

All that said, I nailed my 20 miler. I hadn't run that far in almost 2 years, but I went to a local trail and just went into this great state of zenlike bliss. It was a gorgeous day, with not a lot of people out, and I really enjoyed it. I'm definitely tired as I'm entering the monster zone of volume, but overall I'm doing okay.

This week's goals- make it. I have a TON going on this week, and have overlapping meetings 5/7 days this week. Woof.

M- 15k run and push day (check!)
Tu- 14mi run w/prehab (also check!)
W- 20mi ride and 2mi run (check, I did this as a reverse brick and that felt weird, haha)
Th- Dry land swim with the team, 5k run
F- REST
Sa- 15 w/12mi at GMP, also prehab
Su- 35mi ride, also coaching my weekly class for the team

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 18 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Super proud of you and your streak! Keep up the good work :)
I fell off the wagon but I'm trying to get back on.

I'm glad your 20 miler went well!

Quote Reply