Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Jan. 11 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 11 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey y'all, last week was hard. I hope everyone, especially those of us in the US, and those of us dealing directly with COVID are all right. Cupcake, how are things in your area?

I'm ok. I got thrown a bit by the news in DC and had a hard time concentrating. I skipped a few smaller workouts like 15-min strength sessions, and I was supposed to do a 10k race simulation on Saturday that turned into a bit of a short light jog. But, I focused as much as I could on work and fitness, and considering the circumstances, I give myself a check-flippin'-plus.

Here is my sched. for this week:

M: light run w/ cadence work and leg strength (check!)
Tu: bike (Check!)
We: tempo run
Th: rest!
Fri: swim and strength
Sa: 10k race! (I''m doing a 10k race every Saturday in January)
Su: long ride

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 11 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a new week, ladies. It feels like a new year at this point too, whew.

Thanks for getting us started Dr TC. I hope your mental and physical health goals were met in the last week.

Bing, things are chill immediately where I live, but as you know I'm well outside of the hot zone here in MD. I never realized I could harbor so much anger and sadness all at once. Thankfully everyone I know in the District were safe after last week's events, including those who were called to respond to the Capitol. As far as COVID goes, our numbers keep going up with zero sign of abatement, and I'm pretty firmly locked down at home. Thank goodness for my treadmill and bike trainer.

I've had this sinking thought that my planned Rubyman tri for my birthday isn't going to happen, not for lack of training but due to lack of swim availability. I couldn't get a lane at all this week. I can't see getting a reservation (or actually, 2) to swim 4000 on the actual go-day. So my fallback plan is do make damn sure I get lane time on my actual birthday, do a short 40minx3 SBR and do a Du-by Ruby that weekend- 40min run, 40mi bike, and 40km run. It's not what I had in mind for my epic milestone birthday feat, but that's par for the course right now.

This week's goal is to finish a 20 mile run for the first time since 2019. I'm mildly terrified, especially since my 18 this weekend was TOUGH. But I'm going to head to a local trail and enjoy the nice change of scenery and pace (masked up, of course).

M- 8 mile run and strength- push day (check)
Tu- 20 mile ride, 2 mile run, and moderately hard vinyasa session. I woke up and my legs felt like molten lead this morning, and didn't feel better after 3 miles on the bike, so I got off and did a walk/shuffle on the treadmill. I'll try again after lunch when I have time this afternoon, but if I can't get moving, it's fine.
W- 12 mile run, stretch fest session with the team on zoom tomorrow night
Th- Strength- pull day including dry land with the team, and 6 w/6x100s
F- REST
Sa- prehab and TWENTY FREAKING MILES
Su- 35mi ride including coaching a session with the tri team

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 11 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am on a decent roll since January 1st. Now, to keep it rolling.

For the week:
Swim 2,650 SCY
Bike 12.3 miles
Walk 5.2 miles
Strength/yoga 3:08
Total time: 6:54

I went to the pool twice but on Friday, it was so cold that I bailed. Our pool is open with few limitations (no reservations needed) and when I go in the late morning, there are usually only a couple people there. The issue is - you have to show up dressed to swim and leave the same way. The locker rooms are not open. So going out wet when it's 30F SUCKS! I did buy one of those swim parkas in the fall and that helps.

My other issue is that I just cannot ride the trainer. The bike being static just kills me so I just ordered a Wahoo Kickr bike and will pick it up next week from REI. Slowman raves about the one he has. I'll be sticking to a basic week - 2-3 swims, 2 x gym, 1 x yoga, fill in with bike and try to walk at least 20 minutes a day.

Tennessee is now vaccinating people +75 yo on top of the health care and first responders. In Nashville, they announced yesterday that they will do a daily lottery of extra doses. They will see how many doses they have left over around 2:30 PM each day and will draw names from a hat to come in within 30 minutes to get vaccinated. You email every day and then they will draw daily (if leftover). You know I will be submitting my name every day.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Last edited by: ironclm: Jan 13, 21 3:35
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 11 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope you can get a vaccine!

It might help to pull the swimsuit off while under the parka - there are probably youtube videos on how to deck-change in a parka. This is totally a thing people do.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 11 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm okay. I'm kind of anxious, stressed, and overwhelmed. I'm trying to be really kind to myself and take time for the self-care stuff.

Quote Reply