Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Feb. 15 Edition
Quote | Reply
Tell us about it!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 15 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a new week, Ladies! I think I forgot to check in here last week, I was exhausted. I hope everyone is doing well and crushing their goals!

Last week was the final installment of Monster Volume heading into Rubyman. I don't think I made it through a single day without falling asleep on the couch, or wanting to eat everything that wasn't nailed down (I didn't, thankfully). But, I survived my highest volume run week including a 22-miler on Saturday, and about eighty hundred million training sessions, sat through several board meetings, and salvaged a home-spun Valentine's Day with the hubs.

This week's goal is to stay sharp and hopefully feel a little sharper than I have in the past couple of weeks. Volume is coming down, so hopefully energy comes back up!

M- 2mi shakeout run and strength- push day (check). I also managed to score my in-laws vaccine appointments for this week! Massive relief.
Tu- Early tough yoga session, then about a 20ish mile trainer ride with an 8mi run brick with intervals.
W- Recovery 5 mile run, and evening meetings. Whee.
Th- Early morning Dry Land session with the team, and then a 10k at GMP. I'm also going to the dentist to get my permanent crown installed.
F- REST!
Sa- Prehab and a 15 mile run
Su- Teaching my biking skills class, plus rounding out my mileage to something around 40 for the trainer session.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 15 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

s: 6150 scm (2x)
b: 80 mi (estimated from trainer time)
r: 46.3 mi (4x)
strength at least once, maybe a second time I can't remember

My main goal last week was to keep my anxiety at bay in healthy ways. I managed that on 5 of 7 days. Making myself journal each day starting Friday helped a lot, so my goals this week are to (1) journal each day and (2) be productive with researchy things.

The Valentines stuff I sent my family is delayed due to general mail slugishness. It should have arrived Friday, and will arrive tomorrow. I'm looking forward to watching them open it over zoom.

Oklahoma got "hammered" (for Oklahoma) with a prolonged cold spell and snow. We got 6 ish inches of snow (half of what was predicted) yesterday through this morning and it has been in the teens (then sometimes "below zero feel" with windchill) for... five days now? We won't see over-32 F until Friday. This is all just very rare for here, and we're teaching online today and Tuesday at least. There just aren't the plows to move snow quickly like in New England. Winter was not one of the things I miss from Maine, and I look forward to riding my bike outside again.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 15 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice job on the long run and yay for vaccines!

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 15 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am over this winter!

Carpet saga: The second company comes and the dude measures everything, shows me samples, writes a quote, I send a check for the deposit. We are scheduled for today. And now - the ice and snow and frozen tundra from hell! It started Sunday night with hours of sleet, then more sleet Monday AM and then snow in the afternoon and last night. The city is at a standstill. At least I have electricity. Hopefully by Saturday, we will have warmer temperatures and then next Monday - rain and in the 50s which should get rid of it all. So maybe next week I will get my carpet and floor.

So because of dealing with that and a few work meetings, no swimming. And now the pool and the gym are closed due to the weather. I did do a couple of strength workouts at home with my bands and walked some. Then on Saturday, I started the Tour of Sufferlandria. I figured I needed something jumpstart my cycling, plus, I finally got my new kickr bike set up. I need to get back to loving riding the bike.

Hope everyone is staying warm. Just a little more than a month until spring!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 15 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
I am over this winter!...
Hope everyone is staying warm. Just a little more than a month until spring!

I'm with you! Woke up to a crazy amount of snow and spent most of the day shovelling us out. My toes never warmed up so I got on the bike to get the blood flowing, had a hot shower and have been in my quilted onesie ever since.

Last week was good. It was a recovery week but I scheduled a 20 minute FTP test for Saturday. Up 2w, to my highest ever FTP and for the first time ever, I didn't fade in the third quarter of the test. Bike block continues this week.

Waiting to see when pools reopen as today we moved out of lockdown so they now have the option to open.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 15 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
quilted onesie

ooh, that sounds lovely. Tell me more. What is this thing?

PS It was enough to bring me out of lurking. ;-)

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 15 Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

^That is not me. I found the photo from a google search.

It's from a couple of years ago so they don't have it right now, but it's from the Oiselle quilted line : https://www.oiselle.com/...ted&type=product They call it a "yeti".

It is super cozy - so much so that I can't wear it to bed because I land up like a boil-in-the-bag dumpling. I also have the quilted crew neck which is just awesome too.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 15 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I put that on I would sit down on the couch and never get up!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 15 Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's snowing again here. I am back in the onesie and making a nest on the couch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week-no swimming, did a short bike ride—was supposed to be longer, but realized as soon as I tried to shift gears that my battery was dead...guess I hadn’t ridden for a while. This week I was able to get my swim reservations, so have had 2 swims so far with one more on Friday. Heading to Downtown Disney later to get some walking in- also have shopping appointment for Star Wars merchandise. Will try to get a ride or run in this weekend.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
does it have thumbholes? It passes the "has usable pockets" test, which is critical.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
since I'm on the thread, I didn't journal one day this week (just had a busy day) but have on all the others and it is helping and I like it. Today is day 7 in a row of healthy coping skills!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No thumbholes sadly. The pockets are immense.

Thumbs up for the good work on journaling and using your healthy coping skills.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a fleece one. It's nice and toasty.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply