Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Feb. 10 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 10 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik.

My goals last which were:
This week, I'll have 3 swims, 3 bikes, 4 runs and my usual yoga and p/rehab before heading to XC in Bend.

Work was a little nutty so I skipped one of my swims but did everything else before heading to Bend. It's beautiful there and my highlight was an evening XC ski loop lit my luminaries under the full moon -- totally magical. It was also really nice for me to stroll and hike with some old friends I hadn't seen since moving up here.
I'm less than two weeks from my 13.1 so I probably should have been a little more focused and structured about my weekend training but casual play in the mountains seemed like a better choice. :shrugs:

This week I have 3 swims, 5 bikes, and 4 runs (including a run that ought to give me a good sense on how the 13.1 will go).

I hope everyone has a great week, happy training.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 10 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy Monday, Ladies! Soak up the sun for me because it's freaking pouring here and will be ALLLLLL week.

2DS, your trip sounds lovely and magical! Ah, winter...wherever you are... :)

Story time from last Friday, where I had a meltdown at the pool. It was for several reasons, mostly all of which boil down to the fact that I had allll the tireds. But the last one was something so prickly and infuriating, I thought I'd share. I started with the lane to myself, and then somewhere aronud halfway when I was super focused on my sets, a dude jumped in and started swimming next to me. Okay, fine, whatevs. Then, he started overly splashing me and started hitting me as he buzzed by. Uh, okay, maybe he's not used to swimming with someone else? Except he didn't stop. It became obvious it was deliberate. We finally met back at the wall for rest and he pointed to my bag (from IMLoo) and grinned and said "I get to go home today knowing I'm faster than an Ironman!". Without missing a beat, because I was already ready to perform a dental extraction on this douchenozzle, I shrugged and said "whatever gets you up these days, I guess?" and left for my next set. I was SO MAD. This is why I haaaaaaate the fact that my AG is usually stuck near this guy's on race day morning. Good for you dude, intentionally fucking up my swim so you can gloat to a mirror at home. Sign.

Last week's goal was to run a bunch and stuff, and I did! This week's goal is to run a bunch and stuff, and I will!

M- 49min run and strength (nailed it)
Tu- 2500yd swim and 4mi run
W- 12mi run w/5 at HMP
Th- 55min Zwift ride and strength
F- 2550yd swim
Sa- 90MINUTE Zwift and 4mi run
Su- yoga

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone!

TC-I was thinking of you all last week. Hope things went all right. I always feel terrible about myself after things like that--all my inadequacy issues come right out.

TwoDolla-oh that sounds magical! So glad you're taking advantage of all the new fun your new home has to offer.

Cupcake--geez, I hate entitled dudes. What a jerk. Glad you had the nerve to say something snarky to him.

I missed last week because I was puking my guts out. There's a stomach pug going around, and I got it big time. I spent 3 days pretty much in bed and took 4 days off from training. That's about the wrap.

I'm feeling better this week (thank God), but I can feel that 80 hours in bed with no nutrition in me had its effects. It's nice to be getting back to things this week.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 10 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh no BingTri! Glad you are starting to feel better.
Dr_C - wishing you a better week this week.
TDS - you gotta have some fun. I would have picked the mountains too.

My goals were: swim x 3, bike x 4, run x 3, core x 2. Get the sweet tooth under control.
I hit all the exercise goals and while the sweet tooth isn't fully under control. I think I'm doing better. Maybe. It's a work in progress.
I thought we were done with moving stress but then something else popped up. It's still not resolved but I'm surviving.

This week: swim x 3 (one done), bike x 3 (including one that is 2h45m long - wish my undercarriage luck), run x 3, core x 2. My mom arrives on Friday for the weekend; I'm excited to drag her to parkrun and show her around our new town.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 10 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"stomach pug." huh.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 10 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Girl, you have more self-restraint than I do. I would be in jail for trying to drown the MFer.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 10 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what an asshole! Intentional contact is not okay, among other things. Good on you for your comment.

I had an okay week last week. My goal was healthy coping - I was so exhausted and stressed by the end of the week that I managed healthy coping for 5/7 days. The positive is this was good prep for a conference I'm attending at the end of the month - it made me realize I need to go to that with a self-care plan and put my mental health first.

M: 6.6 mi run + 425 yd swim
T: 7 mi run + 1825 yd swim
W: 4.5 mi run + 2050 yd swim
T: 5 mi run
F: 8.5 mi run
S: 4 mi run
S: 5 mi run

The Big Work Thing went as well as I could have hoped for. I showed up as prepared as possible, felt like I did a good job, and did my best. I can't ask for more than that.

goals this week - HEALTHY COPING SKILLS, swim at least 5x, keep the running under control

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Feb 11, 20 7:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BingTri, glad you're feeling better. The flu is awful this year if that's what you had.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey all. It's been a busy couple of days and I finally have some time to catch up on personal stuff.

TDS, that getaway sounds like a lot of fun. I would think the mental benefits of a twilight ski with friends are well worth the training load tradeoff.
Dr_C, I was so enraged on your behalf I had to respond immediately, but I hope you got some sleep, rest, and relaxation in so you can tackle this week.
BingTri, sorry to hear about your stomach pug (haha). Hope you are feeling better.
Scheherazade, I also feel like my sweet tooth is and always will be a work in progress, so I totally get it. Hoping you have a great time with your mom!
Dr. T, wishing you success with your self-care plan. Glad the Big Work Thing went as well as possible.

Last week went pretty well for me. I ran and swam twice, bike trainer'ed three times, lifted weights once, and did my PT twice. My husband was out of town over the weekend so I got to eat all the spicy food and watch whatever I wanted. Sunday was a bit of a bust because not only was my sister's best friend (who is also now my friend) in town with her new baby, but a few of my uncles were nearby. I decided to spend the time with family and we ended up having a great time. I wish there was a way to squish in a swim or a run as well, but I also needed my relaxing and catching up on sleep time, so I think I made the right decision.

I got some potentially big news yesterday that, while good, is still stressful, so I am trying to navigate that, very busy days at work, home life, etc. I did manage 6 miles on the treadmill Monday with no knee pain, so I think I need to lay off any speed runs for the time being, at least on the treadmill. After a LONG day yesterday I forced myself on the bike trainer for an hour even though I wanted to curl up on the couch, and felt like a new woman afterward. We are supposed to get a big snowstorm tonight and temps are supposed to drop into the low single digits Friday morning (about -15 for my Canadian friends) so let me tell you how much I am looking forward to THAT.

I got talked into signing up for an indoor triathlon on Sunday. I had to go back and check how long it's been since my last one -- 8 YEARS. My friend is a lifeguard at this center and my only goal is to beat him on the bike and run. XD I was telling the husband of my sister's friend mentioned above that "oh yeah, indoor triathlons are a fun way to break up winter training" and he just stared at me with a horrified look -- I have to watch what I call "fun" and around whom. XD XD XD

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 10 Edition [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just now catching up. Last week I was in Silicon Valley from Sunday to Wednesday. Work travel is so hard to keep up on email and everything else (including training).

The week of January 27-February 2 was good - over 7 hours of training (which for me right now is great). Last week - not so good due to travel and then Friday night a friend and I went out and we both got food poisoning (we ate/drank exactly the same thing). So the weekend was very mellow and I still haven't felt that great until today. Hopefully I am now back on track! But the big highlight of my week was that MY KANSAS CITY CHIEFS WON THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!! OMG - it's been 50 years. I remember the last time - I was a 10 year old Chiefs fan. I still have my old red football helmet from those days.

Quote:
Am "planning" to borrow a gravel bike to give that a go. Was inspired by CLM's DK adventure last year. She's my hero.

Awe, thanks KS! I keep pestering slowman because you know I'll be out there for his gravel race (if it ever comes to fruition). I just said today - DK 100 training officially begins NOW! And I need to come to the Endurance Conference one of these times. It sounds really great.

Dr. Cupcake - You were nicer than I would have been! People like that are why I swim with the masters group.

Speaking of swimming - I've been a few times, including a freestyle clinic (lots of drills!) and a fly clinic. I'm happy to say, I swam 25 SCY fly without fins! If I can get to the pool twice a week, I'll be happy. My priority is bike > gym > swim.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply