Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Dec. 7 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 7 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr TC.

Today was my first pain-free day as far as my leg is concerned. YAY!. Doctor's diagnosis was shin splints but the pain migrated from my tibia down to my ankle over the latter part of last week so who knows?!

I've been able to cycle and swim so that has kept me sane. I got my swim analysis video back and am working on correcting some bad habits that were identified. Too soon to tell if it's working though.

This week: more swimming and cycling. Might try a run-walk at the weekend if things continue to stay pain free but playing that part by ear.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 7 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm glad you had a pain-free day; I hope it continues.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 7 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my goal was just to recover from COVID (positive test from the day before Thanksgiving). I did well, and was able to run 6 times (44 miles or so), swim 4x (7k or so), ride once (21.7 mi).

goals for this week = mental and physical health, train smart

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was a total bummer. Somehow I cut my eyeball or it got scratched by contacts or something on Friday night last, so the weekend was spent with an excruciatingly painful eye. On Monday, I got into the eye doctor - a scratched eye, so I ended up with a prescription for antibiotic eyedrops and no contacts wearing. Well, my glasses are a good 15 years old at least, and I only use them to wear from the bed to the bathroom to put my contacts in, so I spent Monday until Friday at noon not being able to see that well, plus trying to work. All of that gave me a headache so I had a headache the entire week plus a painful eye, so needless to say, I did no workouts. Friday I went back to the eye doctor and she said it was much improved and I could wear my contacts and do a couple more days of the eyedrops and now this week, it seems to be back to normal.

I did do a 15 mile bike ride on the trainer on Saturday and then Sunday I went to yoga. Back to it this week.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
my goal was just to recover from COVID (positive test from the day before Thanksgiving). I did well, and was able to run 6 times (44 miles or so), swim 4x (7k or so), ride once (21.7 mi).

goals for this week = mental and physical health, train smart

That's great you are feeling better.

Do you have a minimum isolation period? Here it's a minimum of 10 days from onset of symtpoms or till symptoms resolve (whichever is longer).
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 7 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Do you have a minimum isolation period? Here it's a minimum of 10 days from onset of symtpoms or till symptoms resolve (whichever is longer).

It's the same here. My first symptom was 11/18; I was really tired. At the time I chalked it up to fatigue from it being pre-Thanksgiving, which is a busy time at universities. The night sweats I had (apparently part of a fever/chills) I chalked up to hormones because it was that time of the month and I always get those with my period. When stuff developed into a cough I started isolating and got a test a few days later.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Makes sense. It's a strange little virus - so many different presentations and so many different outcomes.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 7 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't understand why we're not calling it the "bat flu." We've got mad cow, swine flu... why not bat flu?

My brother said it's because there's disagreement as to where it comes from (AHEM Trump) so people can't decide whether it is "lab flu" (science lab, not the dog) or "bat flu".

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
I don't understand why we're not calling it the "bat flu." We've got mad cow, swine flu... why not bat flu?

My brother said it's because there's disagreement as to where it comes from (AHEM Trump) so people can't decide whether it is "lab flu" (science lab, not the dog) or "bat flu".

But not the "pangolin flu" because pangolins are adorable.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 7 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to know you're on the mends!!! Take care of yerself.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great news about your recovery!!!! Take care, lots of care!

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 7 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ooof. So sorry about your eyes!

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 7 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch! Are you getting yourself a new pair of glasses, just in case?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
Ouch! Are you getting yourself a new pair of glasses, just in case?

A new pair is on order.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

Have they been linked to an illness? If so I missed it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

Have they been linked to an illness? If so I missed it.

There was talk that a pangolin was part of the vector path to humans. I don't know if they ever confirmed it.
Quote Reply