Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Dec. 6 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 6 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel like I'm finally getting back to normal after the end of the short term contract I did. The shifts/shift pattern were super disruptive to our regular set-up.

Our Christmas trip to see family for the first time in two+ years has just been cancelled. It was a short trip and with the increased restrictions on international travel the risk of getting stranded in quarantine was too high. I am bummed but trying not to dwell on it.

I graduated from beginner structured training to intermediate structured training on the track. This means I will get to start practicing fun things like standing starts. It was just in time because last night's beginner structured training session was terrifying because of all the new people who lack basic lane discipline. One of the scary moments was when someone who was in the group riding in the sprinter's lane drifted up past the blue line just as we rocketed through. Also lots of people completely lacking situational awareness and just wandering around on the safety when there were riders still coming off the track.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 6 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
I feel like I'm finally getting back to normal after the end of the short term contract I did. The shifts/shift pattern were super disruptive to our regular set-up.

Our Christmas trip to see family for the first time in two+ years has just been cancelled. It was a short trip and with the increased restrictions on international travel the risk of getting stranded in quarantine was too high. I am bummed but trying not to dwell on it.

I graduated from beginner structured training to intermediate structured training on the track. This means I will get to start practicing fun things like standing starts. It was just in time because last night's beginner structured training session was terrifying because of all the new people who lack basic lane discipline. One of the scary moments was when someone who was in the group riding in the sprinter's lane drifted up past the blue line just as we rocketed through. Also lots of people completely lacking situational awareness and just wandering around on the safety when there were riders still coming off the track.

SO JEALOUS!!! I miss the track (and the track community) so much. Tip for standing starts - look straight ahead far down the track, not to the left (downward). Speaking from experience. Ha.

Sorry to hear about your Christmas trip. That was me last year, missing the trip to Kansas City to see my little people. I have a flight for Dec. 22 but will be keeping an eye on how things develop over the next two weeks.

Last week I bought an Oculus VR system and I found a couple of workout apps and I am 6 straight days and 17 workouts in. There is flow (which is like hitting incoming orbs with a laser or a bat, with squats and side lunges) and boxing. My shoulders are sore but it's a good sore, and my lats are starting to come around from the boxing. I love it! I've also been riding the Kickr bike too with the Sufferfest/Wahoo SYSTM app. I like it much better than Zwift. I've not been to the pool since that takes a big chunk out of my day (and I'm not going to go swim at 5 or 6AM) and I have three big work projects to get out the door soon. Once that slows down, I'll go back to the pool.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 6 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hah, that sounds like a solid tip! Thank you :)
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 6 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update from the first intermediate structured training session. No standing starts, BUT the first words out of the coach's mouth were "So is everyone here comfortable riding behind a motorbike?" We had lots of derny fun :)
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 6 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
Update from the first intermediate structured training session. No standing starts, BUT the first words out of the coach's mouth were "So is everyone here comfortable riding behind a motorbike?" We had lots of derny fun :)

Yes - motor pacing is great! Until your coach forces you to touch the roller bar on the back of the bike.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply