Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Dec. 27 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 27 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
My goal for the week is no more unhealthy coping (yesterday didn't go well).
Probably will check in daily here...

goal this week is the same as last, plus do shoulder exercises every day and hip exercises 5x
I'm doing ok! Last week wasn't perfect but I didn't use any unhealthy coping mechanisms on xmas AND it was a rest day (or recovery day depending on how you classify going for a walk) so I am super proud of that. I did the shoulder exercises 4x and hip exercises a couple of times.

Goals for this week are no unhealthy coping mechanisms, write in my journal at least twice, do things that make me faster
M: 2500 yd swim + 5.5 mi run
T: 10 mi run, some hiking miles
W: off
T: 9.5 mi run
F: 7.5 mi run + 1300 yd swim
S: 3 mi walk
S: 7.5 mi run (workout - 8 x 3 min fast/3 min recovery (fast @ 8:36 pace, easy @ 9:22 pace) + 1800 yd swim

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 27 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rooting for you Dr TC.

It's been *a week* here. Christmas Eve our oven element literally went up in flames. Luckily no one was hurt and the flames were contained within the oven, but we are still oven-less while we wait for a new element.

Christmas Day into Boxing Day I started feeling unwell. Managed to find a test yesterday and now waiting for results. People are reporting waiting upwards of 5 days for results!
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 27 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope you're both feeling better, and have results, soon.

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 27 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh boy,Scheherezade. Sorry about everything! Fingers crossed for the COVID test.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job TC!

I got derailed on Thursday. There was an emergency with the kid, and I never really recovered the week. Christmas was a good day, though, for all of us over here!

This week:
M--rest (check!)
T: ride
W: strngth
Th: rest
Fri: run
Sa: ride
Su: run

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 27 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope everyone is doing better. I cancelled my trip to Kansas City because the day before I was supposed to leave, 7-year old Marshall came down with pink eye. I rescheduled to go for New Year's Eve, so hopefully that will work out. Instead, I've stayed around home. Christmas Eve a friend and her husband came over for dinner and the next day I went to friends for brunch. Aside from that, I've been doing my virtual reality workouts daily (most days twice). Over 9 hours last week and one trainer ride. Today will be the 28th day in a row. It's a bit addicting!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 27 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope this finds you en route to Kansas City, if not already there, and that the kiddo is feeling better.
I've had a rough week - Tuesday and Wednesday were difficult and I did not use healthy coping skills - but I did use healthy coping skills yesterday and am in the process of doing so again today.

Quote Reply