Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? August 3 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? August 3 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goal for this week is 7/7 days of healthy coping and hip exercises on 5 days.
6/7, and did hip stuff on 4 days

7 swims: 15,375 yds
8 runs: 47.2 mi
hiking: 4 miles on one day

goals this week are the same as last. This is my last full week in Maine, and we're doing an adventure-themed summer camp at the camp I work at. Sailing, mt biking, etc - partnering with local people in the community who have the expertise and equipment!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? August 3 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr TC. Sounds like you have a great week ahead - are you getting a chance to do an activity you haven't done before?

Things are trucking along here. I've completed two weeks of the run training plan I put in my calendar and so far so good. It's all easy running so I'm giving myself a break and walking when I have to - it's been a little cooler, which means the feels like is "only" 35C instead of 40C.

Biking is going okay. It could be better - it feels like it takes me ages to find my legs when riding outside. I'm also still a little twitchy outside - I got a front wheel flat yesterday and the immediate loss of steering FREAKED ME OUT but I came to a stop safely.

Swimming is slowly improving. The town opens swimming slots a week in advance for an entire week so Monday at 9am is game time for booking slots. We've been aiming for three swims/week but most of the slots are at outdoor pools so we're at the mercy of the thunderstorms.

And in tomato news, we finally have one tomato that is turning pink. So 1% ish of our current crop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ooohhh - adventure themed summer camp sounds FAB. I want to come play!!

Hiking was amazing - weather was good, views were stellar and the company was great. Fitness for the first few days was sub-par. I was pretty bummed about that. I survived, but did not thrive. :P

Swimming is going well. I need to set a calendar reminder though, they open bookings every day for two weeks ahead (aka, I need to sign in and book multiple times throughout the week). It's getting harder to get time slots too - everyone is figuring out the system...

Our fridge died in the middle of our "heat wave" (not as bad as most, but bad for here) last week. New one is hopefully getting delivered today. Living with a bar fridge for a family of 4 is not ideal. Looking forward to a real grocery shop soon.

Hey Scher - if your tomatoes don't ripen (I'm sure they will), I have a KILLER green tomato relish recipe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually rode my bike outdoors on Sunday!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply