Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? August 17 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? August 17 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals
hip exercises 4x I think I did these 3 times
stay on top of foam rolling I did a reasonable job with this, B-level work
day off from running (doing it!) two, actually, as I didn't feel like working out Sunday
7/7 healthy coping HAHA!!! I DID IT! yesterday was day 9 in a row of health coping

M: 5450 yd swim
T: 2.2 mi run + 5650 yd swim
W: 7 mi run + 1425 yd swim
T: 8.5 mi run + 1500m swim
F: 7.1 mi run + 2100m swim
S: 7.3 mi run + 3300m swim
S: off

totals 20,000 yards and 32.1 mi run

goals for this week: hip exercises, healthy coping. The latter is the most important - we're back to school today and I'm pretty anxious about it. I am sure I'll feel better once I'm done teaching today.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? August 17 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck with the "back to school". I hope it goes smoothly for you. There are just so many unknowns.

I have 14 challenges left (of 35) to complete a "virtual summer scavenger hunt" from CMTR. I'm out of motivation, but determined to finish, even if I don't do any more running (it's pretty flexible - run/hike/walk are all acceptable). Walking feels kind of like cheating, but I'm all out of energy to care. With no real structure (working from home is pretty flexible) - I NEED to finish this challenge. I have 30 days for 14 challenges and I can only complete one per day. Totally doable, right?

Other than that, I'm swimming three times this week and next. Pretty happy about that. It feels so good to be in the water. Pretty much the only time I'm completely relaxed/anxiety-free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey! Check me out, answering on Monday like a BOSS.

I'm ok. Really, I'm ok. It's fine. It'll be fine. Everything's under control.

Nahh, I'm real busy again. But the working out is turning out ok. I'm doing very long rides on the weekends, to prep for my century ride, so everything else is dialed back. Last week was a recovery week, so I had a "short" 40 miler, and I ate it on some sand right at the end. Got some sweet road rash, but no bad injuries.

This week, I have some workouts? I don't know. I have an 80-mile ride this weekend and hoo-wee is my bum sore just thinking about it.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? August 17 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EDBikebabe, I love the scavenger hunt idea! Good luck finishing. I admire the determination, that's been hard for me this summer.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TC- hope you're having a good day. Are you at school in person or virtual? Are you on campus? How is it?

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? August 17 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh no, sorry you wiped out! Glad it isn't worse.

Towards the end of a longer ride always seems to be a potential danger point; it's where I lose focus and do something dumb. Don't be me!
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? August 17 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
TC- hope you're having a good day. Are you at school in person or virtual? Are you on campus? How is it?

The day went well and I am so glad it's over, as I no longer feel like curling up inside the dryer. (Not with it on - it's like getting under the bed).

We have a mix of in-person and virtual. Freshman are in person as much as possible. I am teaching 28 students at a time in a room for 48 students, which allows them to be 6 feet apart. We are livestreaming and recording classes for students who do not want to be in person, can't be in person, or whatnot. Upper division classes are rotating 1/3 of the class in person M with the other 2/3 on livestream, another 1/3 in person W with 2/3 on livestream, etc.

That said, 23 sorority members (one house) were quarantined on Saturday because one had symptoms and the other 22 tested positive. We already had 22 quarantined from dorm-move-in. There was a LOT of partying this weekend, so none of us expect to be doing this "in person" thing for very long. UNC Chapel-Hill made it a week. The announced today that they're going back to all online. Their positivity rate jumped from about 3% to about 13% in that time... and we expect the same thing to happen here. The president did just email students basically saying "cut it out" (not in those words) but I doubt it will have an effect.

Quote Reply