Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? August 10 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? August 10 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals this week are the same as last. This is my last full week in Maine, and we're doing an adventure-themed summer camp at the camp I work at. Sailing, mt biking, etc - partnering with local people in the community who have the expertise and equipment!

My goals were to use healthy coping skills (5/7) and do hip exercises 5x (did them once).

6 swims 8825 yds
1 bike 23 miles
7 runs 53 miles
1 hike 4 miles

The adventure camp was great. I was lifeguarding so I didn't get to do anything new, but the kids did. They had a great time.
I had a good last week and weekend here - I fly Wednesday.
Goals
hip exercises 4x
stay on top of foam rolling
day off from running (doing it!)
7/7 healthy coping

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? August 10 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Starting to get more motivated as school is getting ready to start. Spent last Thursday and Friday in trainings (this is the first time we have had paid training before the start of school for substitute teachers) on our new Learning Management & Curriculum systems. Monday -Wednesday are more online trainings, staff development, planning, etc for the school year ( I got a long-term sub gig for the entire semester... :) So am also involved in those...& getting paid). It's a lot more time sitting at the computer than I am used to, but we are getting frequent breaks.
Goals: run 1-2x and bike 2x at least.
The pool I swim masters at is not open to masters or lap swim just yet, only National Water Polo and other contract users are able to use the facility (club swim & water polo). Master's group has been doing 2x per week open water swims, which I have not joined, but I think I might be motivated to join one this week, the other doesn't work with my schedule. I have been getting in some good walking by visiting Downtown Disney about once a week since they re-opened, they have been very strict with masks and temp checks, very good with social distanced lines/virtual queues.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week I biked one time, walked three times, did yoga once and did strength four times - two times at the gym and two times at home.

I am having my trainer do short bouts in the gym with the machines that I don’t have at home and then the rest, I have a session at home with the dumbbells and kettle bell and bands that I have. That puts me in the gym no more than about 40 minutes at a time and it’s a huge two-story open air flowing gym, and when I go in the mornings there’s never more than three or four people there.

The pool is also open and I need to get back there. I get started on something at work and then just don’t take the time to go over there.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone! Christ on a cracker, things are getting crazy over here with the start of the school year. My institution is taking the "whatever works" approach. There are some really admirable things about what we've done--so much elaborate and careful research about aerosols, ventilation, etc. has taken place, and so much careful consideration of activities that are essential to take place in a classroom has happened. The flip side is that everyone's got a different set of needs and organizational processes that it's taking a LOT of energy. And I'm becoming a (minor) administrator within my department. So, that's nutz.

i'm still working out! I went 70 miles on the bike last Saturday, my longest ride ever by about 10 miles (I think I was teasing Scheherezade and Dr. Cupcake about going 70 miles without any races coming up earlier. That's some pie in my face, right there.) I'm mostly keeping up with other workouts too. My triclub is doing OWS, which was fun last year. But it's a half hour car ride just to get there adn then more to do the swimming. I'm so busy right now that it's been a real challenge to make it.

Glad to know that TC and Ironclm are still out there still doing your stuff!

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply