Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Aug. 24 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Aug. 24 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week: hip exercises, healthy coping. The latter is the most important - we're back to school today and I'm pretty anxious about it. I am sure I'll feel better once I'm done teaching today.

I am pleased to report that today will be day 17 in a row of healthy coping. :-) I am very proud of myself. I am also pleased with myself for taking a day off from running.
I did my hip exercises a couple times and foam rolled a couple of times.
School is going okay. The first day went fine, and I'm getting used to all the changes. I have half my class on zoom while the other half is all spaced out in a large room. Cases are spiking and it's unclear if/when we'll move back to fully online.

last week I
swam 7 days (15,925 yds)
rode once (31 mi)
ran 6 days (46.1 mi)

goals this week are the same as last. I want to stay in this good mental health place.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Aug. 24 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's awesome TC. Virtual fist bumps, high fives, elbow bumps (whatever we are allowed to do right now).

I'm glad things are going well and that school is good. All the universities here are 100% online for undergrad until at least January.

My kid is heading back to school - Grade 4 - next week. They gave everyone the option of online or in class. I'm hoping that reduces class sizes a bit, the gov't "return to school plan" left a lot to be desired. Thank goodness for proactive school boards.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoo Hoo!! Congrats on the healthy coping TC!!

As for me, actually got a bike ride in on Sunday...first ride in a couple months, as I don't like riding alone since my accident.
Goals for this week...get back in the pool, if it is only the one in my backyard, or possibly make it to Master's meetup at the beach (on Friday evening, and I'm usually exhausted at the end of the week), maybe get out for a run or walk if it starts to cool down a bit. Ride bike again this weekend, possibly multiple times.

We just got the announcement that if we (OC, Ca) remain off the state's monitoring list (just got off it on Sunday) students will be returning to school (hybrid schedule for them, full schedule for me) on Sept. 10th. That means I'll be back to filling up my car about once a week, instead of once every couple of months. We have been online schooling since the 13th. Students have the option of staying home, and only half will be in class physically on any given day (no in person instruction on Wednesdays), and possibly fewer than that due to students who decide to remain online. My classroom has 18 desks, and they are not spaced 6ft apart (no room) in a classroom that is traditionally set up to seat 40.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply