Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Aug. 1 edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Aug. 1 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
my goals were 3-4 strength sessions (did 0), do stuff to make me faster (did), keep up healthy coping skills (still going strong - 41 days as of this AM!).

4 swims for 20,000 yards and 4 runs for 30 miles.
Week was pretty good. On Saturday morning I collected my brother, his girlfriend, and her mom from the airport. They're here for 2 weeks with more people coming later this week. We have some other family here too. This is lots of fun, but it is also exhausting. I had a ton of anxiety this weekend for various reasons, and I'm still not feeling totally settled. I'm so proud of myself for healthy coping. A big part of this for me is realizing I can just participate in what I want to particiapte in, take breaks to curl up with a book, and make sure I get enough sleep. Quality time > quantity time. I'm actually excited to go back to work today because I think it will help w some normalcy in routine and make me feel better.

Goals this week are the same as last but I'm really serious about the strength sessions this time!

this is probably going to be one of those weeks where I check in here about "another day of healthy coping skills done" because I am that unsettled right now. Anxiety SUCKS

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Aug. 1 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully your week goes well.

I had a good first part of the week then woke up Saturday morning with what seems to be food poisoning so spent most of the weekend on the couch. I did get caught up on lots of my DVRed TV shows. On Wednesday evening, I went to a beginning improv class. I was quite nervous to go, but I'm really glad I did. It was so fun and the other people in the class are great (as is the instructor). There is one guy (in his 50s or 60s) though who talks way too much and doesn't do what the teacher says to do. He's that kind of guy who thinks he is WAY funnier than he really is. The class is once a week for 6 weeks so it should be a lot of fun.

The plan for this week is to go to the gym twice and ride with the group this weekend. The pool is closed for at least 2 weeks for annual maintenance. At least I have my VR exercise!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Aug. 1 edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks - so far so good.

way to go pushing out of your comfort zone for the improv class.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
made it through another emotionally tough day yesterday. 43 days in a row of healthy coping skills!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good work, my lady. đŸ’™
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Aug. 1 edition [Clara Roberts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks! Hanging in there, it hasn't been an easy week (though it has been a pretty good one). 45 days in a row!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply