Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? April 6 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you holding up?
Did you get April Fooled? Did you April Fool anyone?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Apr 6, 20 3:50
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 6 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr TC; how are you doing?

I have good days and bad days but we're safe and healthy so I'm trying not to complain about my first world problems! I have found my tolerance for other people is vastly reduced and I am making liberal use of the "mute" setting on Whatsapp.

Last week was my recovery week before starting build so I tried to just have some fun with the hope that it would reset my ever-decreasing motivation and discipline. I tried out the new group workout feature on TrainerRoad and I'll probably do another ride with strangers this week too.

This week: bike x 3, run x 3, core/yoga x 3, maybe some rowing? And of course, the highlight of my schedule this week is the ST Women's happy hour. Hopefully I still have snacks and booze left by the time Thursday rolls around!
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 6 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HI everyone! Thanks for starting us TC. Scher, I hadn't thought of the mute on WhatsApp, but it'll probably come in handy for me too. Sorry you're feeling strained.

I'm ok. It's spring break, finally, thankfully. Ours is later than most, so we handled the transition to online teaching with out the week-long break that a lot of others had. I'm real grateful I can chill out and work on my own badly neglected research for a bit. A few of my students and some more distant acquaintances now have the virus. All are doing relatively well. The one friend I reported on last week has struggled, but not enough to head to the hospital. She's not sleeping very well and she's working hard to stay on top of the chest congestion so that it doesn't progress more. She's not out of the woods yet, but we are less fearful rather than more fearful now.

I have a recovery week after a crummy leg-strength-intensive week. I did everything last week except one run. As I was warming up for that run, my quad yelled at me and it seemed imprudent to go out. I think I need to be more on top of standing, walking, stretching, just moving as I'm confined to my house. CoronaQuarantine is bad for me ol' muscles.

I second the enthusiasm for happy hour! Looking forward to that.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, and my April Fool's was convincing my husband that it was April Fools the day before, and pretending I was pranking him when something stupid wasn't actually a prank. It was a little complicated. I probably have too much time on my hands these days.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 6 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yay for spring break!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 6 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm okay. I had a great week on the bike last week but I fell off the healthy-coping train on two days. My goal for today is to just do the self-care stuff that I need to do. I think I've been trying to be too productive with research and my mental health has taken a hit because of it.

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 6 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to figure out how to resize the photos of my April Fool's prank to show you all...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Ladies!

It sounds like everyone is hanging in there. Want or need a break? Join us for the first ever virtual ST Ladies happy hour on Thursday! PM me your email address if you'd like in. And oh, no dudes please. You'll get outted PDQ if you try ;)

Last week was tough. A friend has contracted COVID-19 and his health is deteriorating. That was pretty much my breaking point mentally. But in more buoyant news, the article in WaPo that I was interviewed for, and my newsletter to my cycling club explaining what respiratory signatures mean for cyclists have been apparently traveling around the world, so, um, neat? I'll go with neat. I got in all my workouts last week, and probably will this week too (one of the toughies is already done).

M- 11mi run (check)
Tu- tri team dry land workout and 4mi run
W- 90min tri team Zwift ride, in which my coach tries to kill us all. Also, cycling club Zoom meeting.
Th- tri team dry land workout, 30min progression run, and ST HAPPY HOUR
F- 45min easy Zwift spin
Sa- leading a 45mi Zwift long ride for the tri team. If anyone wants to jump in on this, let me know. This is a departure from the past several weeks, where the name of my meetup on Saturday is called "Flatty McFlatface".
Su- Yoga class on Zoom

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik, hope everyone has been able to take a deep breath and find some gratitude.

I am finally feeling better (better living through pharmacology!) and did a little running, a little trainer time, a little strength and yoga every day. It'll be more of the same this week -- I'm just keeping everything as a slow boil versus trying to optimize at the moment.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some Womens at our virtual Happy Hour on Thursday! * clink *

Happy training y'all, be well!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 6 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry your friend's heath is deteriorating from the virus.

Link to the WaPo article?! Cool!

Quote Reply