Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? April 27 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 27 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week:
- reach out and talk to people when I need to
- journal
- PT exercises every day!

done, done, not done

I rode my bike a bunch. Turns out you can overdo that too ;-) rest day today to take care of a small niggle I felt this morning.

Goals this week are the same as last. I will try to join the zoom hangout if we're having one; by Thursday night I was too tired of zooming.

IT IS OUR LAST WEEK OF CLASSES!!!!!!!!

I hope all the womens are well.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 27 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr TC. I'd love to "meet" you at one of the hangouts!

I don't think I posted last week; I've still been mostly on plan mainly because IMC hasn't yet communicated what'll be happening. However, a 2h20m run when I don't even know if there will be a race was the final straw and I've asked to defer to 2021. This week is my recovery week so I'll stick to the plan and then decide what I'm doing going forward. My run base could be bigger/broader/better so I think that will top the list of priorities.

Goals this week:
- nab a strava run segment I've been eyeing up.
- get back to doing proper core stuff instead of half-assing it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a new week, Ladies.

Thanks for getting us started Dr. TC. I hope you keep on kicking butt with your goals.

Scher, I'm sorry your first IM is put on hold. That's sucky. But it's a safe decision and I hope you get to crush it next year.

And to everyone else, I'm happy to host another get together on Thursday! Would later work better for everyone?

Everything is relatively okay here. We are safe, and grateful for that. I hosted a huge Zoom happy hour (with breakout rooms!) for my cycling club yesterday, and it was a blast. I also ordered takeout on Saturday and had a margarita that was bigger than my head, so there's about where I am right now. Last week was a recovery week, LOL. Still zero word from Eagleman. Still messages from the coach saying WE ARE DOING THIS. Part of me wants to just keep training for some sanity, part of me wants to scream and curl up in a ball and ACTUALLY recover from life for like, a month. This week's goal: I'm back on my shit this week with what's being called "pre-race build".

M- 10mi run with intervals (nailed it and HOW)
Tu- tri team dry land workout
W- 90min tri team group ride on Zwift
Th- tri team dry land workout and 4.5mi run
F- 45min easy ride on Zwift and 30min run brick
Sa- 2:45 long hauler on Zwift and 20min run brick
Su- zoom yoga class

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi! Hi. Hi everyone. Hi.

TC, I'm so glad classes are almost over! A pox on this semester! Be gone with you!

Scher, I'm with you. It's getting hard to train for big events that are clearly not going to happen.

Cupcake, I'm so glad that you're organizing things online! I skipped last week, explanation below. Later would work better for me, and perhaps every other week or twice a month rather than every week might be better for the group? I'm crazy busy just now with the end of the semester, but my commitments will change in a few weeks.

Ok, so I skipped triathlon last week. Totally. I'm off the wagon. I folded. I drank. I sat around. I played board games with my husband until the wee hours of weekday mornings. I didn't work out. I think that there was a confluence of things going on: end-of-semester grading, CoronaConfinement, loss of swimming (my fav. by a long shot), my races clearly not happening, training amping up for races that are clearly not happening, etc. etc. etc. I also don't want to force workouts too much when I really don't feel like it. I'm still new to this, and I want to keep it being something I do because it's fun and good for me. So if it's really not fun, I feel like I shouldn't do it just now to preserve the long-term relationship.

But, over the weekend, I got into my garden a lot, which felt real good. I'm starting to itch for activity again. So, today, after my work commitments, I'm going to hop on the bike without a plan and just have some fun.

That's the plan, much as I've got one.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 27 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
TC, I'm so glad classes are almost over! A pox on this semester! Be gone with you!

heh heh

Gardens are awesome.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously, and I know this is not humble, but my garden kind of rocks.

(I'm a believer in dirt therapy)

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 27 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
humble not required!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BingTri wrote:

PHOTOS, please!! We want a big old dirt brag.

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Everyone:
I've been lurking and not posting.
Was admittedly in a fog after my mom's passing last month. Came home to SD to closed pools and beaches, no friends, and also not able to plan a fitting send-off for the remarkable Ruth Sing (aged 102.)

Swimming has always been very therapeutic. Even though I always do swim workouts with a group, there's still ample time for mind to wander. I've worked thru a number of sticky issues, during my swims. Note: I Never get awards for best workout swimmer, since my mind tends to wander during long sets.

Our local beaches open here in Oceanside, Encinitas, and soon to be Carlsbad and Solana Beach, so looking forward to going for a chilly but fun wetsuit swim. Will post details when I get my nerve up to head out.
Thanks for listening, hope to meet up w you all sometime.

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BingTri wrote:

You're bringing us to your garden for the next Happy Hour show and tell. That is final.

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 27 Edition [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welp, I can show the garden, but it's a little early. You'll get a few spring flowers and a lot of dirt. I'm pretty F-ing proud of that dirt though.

STC-thanks for dialing in from SoCal. My parents are in Huntington Beach. Since it's one of the few beaches open, there's like no social distancing going on. They're just holed up at home, as they are older and have several complicating factors. I'm SO glad to know someone out there is still swimming, but kick people in the teeth if they're not being safe about it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I walked 7 days and did a strength workout twice. Yesterday I got a dog so I guess I'll continue the walking.

He has his own IG. https://www.instagram.com/eki_morgan/?hl=en

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 27 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YAY, you got a dog!!!! Hope Eki gets to join in at one of the happy hours even though he is of the male persuasion.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 27 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PUPPER!!!! SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cute!

Quote Reply