Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? April 26 edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 26 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this coming week are to get out of my own way and do things that make me faster, 7/7 healthy coping skills

B on the first
5/7 on the second

I am proud of myself for taking a day off last week!

M: 7 mi run + 1600 m swim + lift
T: 10 mi run + 6 mi bike
W: 7 mi run + 1100 m swim
T: off
F: 7.1 mi run + 1500 m swim
S: 6 mi bike + 7 mi run + 1000 m swim
S: 52.5 mi bike

totals 5200m swim, 64.7 mi bike, 38.2 mi run

I'm babying a new spot in my right foot, a thing which started Saturday. This feels hugely unfair as it came out of nowhere AND I TOOK A DAY OFF THURSDAY but the goal this week is to get that to heal and to have 7/7 days with healthy coping skills. Note to self that I have car-free places to ride and unlimited pool access this week, neither of which will be the case next week (I fly home Saturday!)

Thanks for listening to me whine :P

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Apr 26, 21 8:27
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 26 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yay for a day off and boo for a foot spot!!!!

I'm ok. I went out for my first long ride outside of the season on Saturday. It was like 35 degrees when I started (... have I told you I live in upstate NY? No?). But it warmed up. Woot for the summer season!

This week:

M: 2600 yd. swim (check!)
T: rest (nailing it!)
W: Fartlek run
Th: bike speed intervals
Fr: easy run
Sa: long ride outside!
Su: long run (also outside!)

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had 107 miles on the bike last week and a couple of strength workouts. I decided yesterday to switch from the 100 mile gravel race in 6 weeks to the 50 miler. I just haven't had the opportunity to get in the really long rides. Plus, I found out on Monday that my friend who I do ride with sometimes (and spend most of my time here with) - her husband put in for a transfer and they will be moving in mid-May. I am not happy about it at all. We all (the small circle of friends here) think he's manic/depressive. He has a few friends here and no friends where they are moving. She's the upbeat type who makes friends anywhere so she will have no issues, but hopefully he will no be relying on her all the time. She has said she's been afraid of him trying to harm himself, so the two of them in a town where they know no one, not good IMO.

The other sucky thing on Monday is that one of my racehorses had a freak accident and died. I own very small shares in some horses and this was one of the 2 year olds, just learning to race. Very sad situation.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply