Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? April 13 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week? What, if anything, did you do for Easter?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 13 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoops, I never got around to making goals last week aside from get my mental health back in a good place. I had some good days and some bad days. Fortunately days since Friday have been good.

I rode my bike a lot and discovered that too much cycling *also* hurts the hamstring I'm trying to heal. Hiking home from the grocery store with a heavy backpack does too. I am a little frustrated but trying to take the mindset "ok, this is new data, react accordingly and stop pushing the bike mileage and no more errands on foot."

My key goal this week is to make time to journal and do it. It feels like I "should be" doing research not writing in my journal but mental health matters and journaling really helps me.

The other key goal is to stop irritating the hamstring.

Easter - rode bike, did work, skyped w/ family. Planned weekly shopping trip so I could hit half price candy today (success).

Hope everyone is doing ok.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 13 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh, I can do happy hour this week!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome to this week, Ladies.

Thanks for getting us started, Dr. TC. I'm glad that you have made some important discoveries, and can use that data to help you. This whole situation is a crappy learning experience on so many fronts, so brava for tackling one of them in the midst of everything right now.

Last week was very up and down. One of my cousin's passed away (non-viral passing, somewhat expected sadly) and this means more delayed grieving. Blah. On the upside, happy hour with all of you was awesome.

This week's goal, finish my build. For what? NO DAMN CLUE. Lol.

M- 12mi run (check). Also zoom meeting with my tri kiddos and their parents
Tu- dry land tri team practice and an easy 30min walk/run
W- 90min team Zwift. We're doing Fire and Ice and I want to cry. Also, cycling club monthly board meeting. There's a lot that's happened in the last month, this should be...interesting.
Th- dry land tri team practice and 4mi of run intervals. Also, ST LADIES HAPPY HOUR starting at 5pm EDT.
F- 45min bike skillz outside, with a 30min run brick
Sa- leading a 2:45 tri team Zwift ride, then a 20min run brick
Su- Zoom yoga

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik,

Other than not swimming, I had a pretty normal week: more slow boil training with four runs, 3 bikes, strength, p/rehab, and yoga every day. I'll do the same thing this week.

Today marks one day of working from home more importantly a month of doing yoga for at least :30 every day. I've been doing yoga during the time I would be commuting to work and it's been great to break up my day. Been a lot of yin and laying on my floor. I feel great which could also be not having pneumonia and ZERO intensity for months but I'm going to credit the yoga ;)

I also bought myself some really super soft loungewear with the expectation that I'll never get dressed again :)

It was great to put handles to names to faces at the Womens Virtual Happy Hour and I'm excited for the next one.

Happy training y'all, be well!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to seeing yer face TC!!!

I'm fine. I had spring break last week, and it was my hubby's B-Day. Have I told you all we live right on a pretty good sized river? I don't think I have, but we do. So, we can put our canoe in the water and paddle around and be totally isolated and socially distancing. So, that's what we did for hours yesterday. It was glorious.

I did fine with my workouts last week. This week it's a little more strength heavy:

M: rest (nailing it!!)
Tu: short bike and strength
W: running speedwork and lower leg strength
Th: Bike intervals and squats
F: short bike and strength
Sa: Long ride, slightly longer brick run than usual, and squats
Su: long run and lower body strength.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 13 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
...build. For what? NO DAMN CLUE. Lol.

LOL indeed, kind of how I felt. I think I met all my goals last week; can't be bothered to go look to see what they were.

This week:
swim replacement x 3: I signed up for AJ Baucco's cord training program through TP. One done.
bike x 4: one done. It was a mean looking VO2max workout and I did it as a group workout through TR; the peer pressure worked! Or the 13 weeks of consistent training up to this point worked. Or maybe both?
run x 3
row x 2
strength/yoga x 2

Dr TC hope your hamstring feels better this week.
Happy birthday Mr Bing!
TDS - oooh new loungewear - have you got it already? Is it as awesome as it sounds?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was pretty much a zero since I was sick part of the week. I did end up walking on the treadmill on Sunday but my trainer wanted me to hold off from doing any strength work. I’ll get back to it this week.

Easter was pretty much just laying around and watching TV and reading. It rained the entire day and then in the evening we were under tornado and thunderstorm watches. And now we are back down in the 30s. I am ready for summer.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply