Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? May 23 editon
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? May 23 editon [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 15 days in a row of healthy coping skills! So proud of myself.
Last week I alternated swim and run days. I swam 4x for 17,700 yds and ran 3x for 24.35 mi. I lifted twice.

goals this week
7/7 healthy coping skills
do stuff that makes me faster

I hope everyone is well.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? May 23 editon [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ugh, I started "running." OK, well, how about jogging downhills and walking up them? My neighborhood has lots of short little streets connecting a big loop, so it's perfect.
Did notice, I needed to trade my Hokas for a pair of narrow New Balance 860's, and those are easier to run in. Hokas are great for lots of walking on pavement and for long periods of standing (volunteering at races or working an expo booth, for instance.)
Swimming 4-5x per week as per usual. Takes a few hundred yards to warm up those poor sore legs for kicking.
It's been at least 10 years since I actually ran, so I'm wondering how long it'll take for this to be not terrible.

Why? well, I'm considering doing a sprint tri sometime in the fall, and possible half marathon in January 2023. It remains to be seen if running will work, or if it's a fool's errand, and I need to stick to Aquabike events.

Carry on.

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply