Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you? Oct. 26
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you? Oct. 26 [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only did one short ride last week, pool is still not open. New cranks for new bike came in, so I dropped of the bike to have them installed, but it may take over a week because they are inundated with mechanical work and are short a mechanic.
Went to work today and was listening to the news, fire near where I work. Saw the smoke on my drive in. Made it through the school day with no evacuations ordered in the vicinity of my school, but other school in the district was evacuated. Neighborhoods nearby were evacuated right at the end of the school day. Got email after I got home, school cancelled for tomorrow...no distance learning either. I am fortunate not to live near the area, but one of our teachers did have to leave school in order to evacuate, and on my way home found out there was another fire in OC.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you? Oct. 26 [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geez, SDCali, you're really cranking the 2020 craziness up to 11 over there. What a wild week you've had. Sorry about the fires, but I'm glad you have an unscheduled day off? I think? Take care of yourself, and best wishes to your colleagues and kiddos.

I'm fine. I got most of my workouts done last week. I had a migraine on Saturday and had to scrap a run. But, the big news is that the pool reopened (hopefully for realsies this time... We had a fakeout opening a month or so ago). I went for a swim and it felt SO GOOD. And also really safe, mostly on account of how few people are venturing to the gym these days. Other than that, I'm just working a lot. The university semester is going straight through without any of the usual breaks, to prevent people from traveling too much. Collectively, exhaustion is settling in, so I'm dealing with that myself while trying to support my students.

This week:

M: tempo run (done!) + leg strength (done!)
T: REST.
W: cadence run work + leg strength
Th: ride
F: SWIM. + hip strength
Sa: long run
Su: kind of a long ride, but still short, since I'm taking it easy to work on running.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you? Oct. 26 [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The university semester is going straight through without any of the usual breaks, to prevent people from traveling too much. Collectively, exhaustion is settling in, so I'm dealing with that myself while trying to support my students.

We have a similar situation. We typically have a Friday off in mid-October for fall break. That was changed last fall (way way pre-COVID) for an entire week at Thanksgiving. I am sure they would have changed it anyway, but people around here were definitely tired and morale was pretty low... until yesterday afternoon when some ice intervened and we got out at 3:30, and have today off too :-)

I'm glad you got to swim.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish I could say something other than "I am my usual up/down/trying-to-get-back-to-healthy" but I had another tough week. Yesterday was a good day, and today is off to a good start (in part due to a snow day!!!! Ice day really, but whatever :-). I may check in daily here because I want to turn this around, know that I can do so, and that daily "I coped healthfully" to strangers helps.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry everyone is having a tough week.

My week was OK. I got my body comp tested on Saturday morning. About what I expected.

Last weekend (10/17) I crashed on the mountain bike (not serious - not going fast enough on a slight uphill to get over a tree root but too fast to unclip in time). Scraped up my forearm/elbow and a nice bruise on my right IT band area. I was super stiff the next day in yoga and spun my legs out on the trainer on Monday but Tuesday and Wednesday my back was super sore and I did nothing. Thankfully it's much better this week.

For the week:
B: 20.1 miles
Trainer: 35 minutes
Walk: 1.6 miles
Weights/Yoga: 2:26
Time: 4:58 (with 2 total days off)

This coming week – bike heavy, two home gym workouts and yoga.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok! How was the storm? Somehow the storm that hit everywhere else missed us here in the Seattle of the northeast. I had an ok day. I had a big event to run, which went well in a totally stressful kind of way. It was my rest day but the stress has me itching for exercise in a way that I'm, like, actively resisting.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm lurking daily so if you were to check-in, it would be being read!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yo. BingTri dialing in again. Thinking of all my womens.

Quote Reply
Re: How are you? Oct. 26 [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'm lurking daily so if you were to check-in, it would be being read!

You're sweet. Thanks. I had another hard day Tuesday. Yesterday I did a super good job with self care and I feel a lot more settled today. I am handing out candy at a drive-thru trick or treat ("handing out" means using a wrapping paper tube chute) tonight and I am really really really looking forward to that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey sweet lady, let us know what you think of the chute. It’s our plan for Saturday.

Are you dressing in costume for your event tonight? If so, as what?
Quote Reply
Re: How are you? Oct. 26 [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:
Hey sweet lady, let us know what you think of the chute. It’s our plan for Saturday.

I have not finished formulating a plan for candy dispensing tomorrow. Although it's currently 2C outside and raining, so anything other than hiding under a giant pile of blankets is hard to imagine.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you? Oct. 26 [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

I was Cindy Lou Who!

I forgot the wrapping paper tube at my place, so I can't tell you. I am sure it would work very well. I ended up just dropping candy in kids' bags that they were holding out of the windows of cars. It was all very, very quick and I felt safe. There was a bit of extra distance on account of the car that I don't think I'd get if I had people knocking on the door, so I would recommend a chute for that. Let me know how it goes for you! Are you dressing up to hand out (chute out) candy?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

I was Cindy Lou Who!

I forgot the wrapping paper tube at my place, so I can't tell you. I am sure it would work very well. I ended up just dropping candy in kids' bags that they were holding out of the windows of cars. It was all very, very quick and I felt safe. There was a bit of extra distance on account of the car that I don't think I'd get if I had people knocking on the door, so I would recommend a chute for that. Let me know how it goes for you! Are you dressing up to hand out (chute out) candy?

I bet you were super cute as Cindy Lou Who! I love that idea!

I had a discussion with friends several weeks ago about the candy chutes. I keep forgetting to follow up and find out if my friend who said she would buy the chutes truly bought them. I might just put candy in a bowl in the driveway and leave it for kids to dig into.

We’re dressing up, although none of us are trick or treating. We plan to sit around the fire and tell scary stories. My hubby is dressing up as Gandalf. The 9th grader is Ominous (something scary he’s invented). Our 8th grader is some sort of voodoo witch, but she hasn’t yet gathered her voodoo accessories. The 6th grader is Plague Doctor. I’m not sure about my costume. I hope/think I’ll get inspired.

You know, I just remembered that one time I was a pharmacist for Halloween. That was 3rd grade. I don’t think I really understood what Halloween was about. 😂
Quote Reply