Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you? June 15 Edition
Quote | Reply
Hope all the womens had a good week! Tell us about it :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you? June 15 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week: ride 5x with one long rode twice, and one was longer than I've done in awhile so I'm counting the "long" part LOL; swim 4x swam 3x and got in the lake on Saturday to fun swim so if we count that ;-) ; take a day off from running nope

I had a good week! Amazing how busy I can keep myself doing non-school activities. I did some schoolwork stuff (I'm doing research over the summer) but I took my brother to his dr's appts, took the cat to the vets, played my piano, pruned my grandmother's raspberries, hung out with a friend, helped w/ the housework, read, napped, made deviled eggs for a friend's thesis defense (I'd never made these before and did not realize how labor intensive they were!), studied Dutch, caught up w/ Dutch math professor :-) it was a happy week.

Sunday's bike ride was in the afternoon (successful got-self-out-the-door-for-second-workout... did that Thurs too actually as the swim was midday) and I stopped at an ice cream place mid-ride (this is how I motivated myself to do it)

M: 6.8 mi run + 10 mi bike
T: 10 mi run + 1000 yd swim
W: 6.7 mi run + 1700 yd swim
T: 10.4 mi run + 4100 yd swim
F: 9.5 mi run
S: 6.5 mi w/ a 5k race, 22:46 which was good for 4th FOV
S: 10.5 mi run + 21 mi bike

totals 6800 yd swim + 31 mi bike + 60.3 mi run

Goals for this week: get legs rested for a 5k on Saturday, and run that faster than I did the one this past Saturday. Ride at least 2x.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Jun 15, 15 7:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week I'll call "in the crapper". I had a bad cough which prevented me from doing really any exercise. I tried to swim on Monday, and had to get out of the pool as I could not stop coughing. I tried to bike on Tuesday, which I turned around early because I could not stop coughing. I was at a conference Thurs/Fri. Wed. night I took an hour long walk, and had a little coughing here and there - I was at the conference Wed. and Thurs. nights. Thurs. am I tried the treadmill but it was a definite no-go. Just too much coughing. I stopped after running, then walking on it for 15 mins (total time, I only ran maybe 5 mins).
Thursday I started taking an allergy antihistamine. Things started to change. It seems the z-pack I got from the dr wasn't doing squat. Anyway, I've seen daily improvement since starting the allergy med. Saturday I was able to do a short run, though slower and shorter than I would have liked. Sat. evening I danced my butt off at a wedding reception, which was awesome. I LOVE to dance.
Sunday we had thunderstorms all over the place so I did the bike trainer for an hour indoors.

So normally I would be starting a taper this week and next - race is June 27. I'm at a loss. I have no clue what to do at this point. I guess I'll just get back to working out regularly and say "oh well". The June race was not my "A" race but it's long enough you can't just fake it. I really really hope it won't be a long miserable day. Oh, and I'm REALLY hoping the swim isn't canceled - it's the only part I feel like I'm in good shape for. But the athlete guide for the race warned us it might. The lake isn't up to temps.
Luckily, my goal for the race was to 'finish happy' and enjoy the experience. It's a travel race so I'm hoping I'll at least enjoy that part.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:

you always post these posts. every single week. that is SO sweet of you. these weekly threads make this a very warm place to be.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I signed up for a 10km in September. $15 for a measured, chip timed race. I WILL go sub-1hr. I did a 1:06 with minimal training in May, so I know it's doable. Now I just need to stick with the plan, stay focused & do the workouts. In the past working out was always so easy/fun - but now it seems like a big goal. Whatever - I just want to prove to myself that I can do it.

So this is me calling myself out.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you? June 15 Edition [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
you always post these posts. every single week. that is SO sweet of you. these weekly threads make this a very warm place to be.

I reap a lot of benefits from getting to "talk" with other athletic, motivated women doing super cool stuff. I've long forgotten who came up with the idea to do the weekly thread (it wasn't me) but it was a great idea!

I've thought about trying this in the main forum just to see what happens... it could be pretty funny, I think :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Bike x 4: win with 5
Swim x 3: win with 4
Core/strength/rehab x 4: win

Rode almost 130km last week (including a rain-soaked 50k at our town's all-welcome touring event) after very little bike training, and now my left hamstrings are feeling tweaked along with the persistent right hamstring tendon issues. Fucking awesome.

No idea when I'll be running again, and I have a 9k very technical trail run to do on the 27th (I'm doing the swim & run legs of an off-road tri relay with my husband).

This week's goals:
Bike x 4
Swim x 3
Core/strength/rehab x 4
Try not to let the misery get on top of me too much.

Doesn't help that I'm having to deal with a pretty harsh realization about my marriage at the same time.

I just want to go for a run..

Quote | Reply
kathy_caribe wrote:
tigerchik wrote:

I agree.
I haven't been on ST as much lately due to work and life, but occasionally I get back to The Womens and love to read how everyone is doing. Thanks TC for leading this. I do think it's a warm place to be.
I'll try to post a little more. I do love all The Womens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was an OK week - nothing crazy special. But sounds like it was better than some of the womens here.... :-( hang in there ladies. One day at a time. One step at a time. One run at a time.

Good things:
- rode 3 times
- ran 3 times
- got tons done on the house
- K and I volunteered for an afternoon to help fundraise for the skating club

Less-than-good things:
- no dryland
- only ran 3 times
- dog is definitely not herself, I think it is time for the vet check - I am worried she might have had a minor stroke - her back legs don't always drive straight anymore (if she tries to turn too quickly, she can fall), and she gets scared very easily about little things, different things.... she freaked at a lawn sign this morning because it was new... either that or doggy dementia? maybe she's older than we were led to believe? either way I'm sad and worried for her.

This week's goals:
- ride 3 times
- run 4 times (once I get past missing my running buddy)
- more house stuffs
- take care of doggy

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How are you? June 15 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best wishes for your dog :-(

Quote Reply
Re: How are you? June 15 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ugh; hang in there - hope the hamstrings clear up.

Quote Reply
Re: How are you? June 15 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hang in there, MK. I hope the harsh realization could possibly be re-routed or re-focused into a positive, or that it's just a turn in the path.

AP - sorry to hear about your dog. I hope the vet has some positives for you, or maybe some therapies that would help.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you? June 15 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sending positive doggie vibes to your furbaby.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you? June 15 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all for the vibes....

Been doing some readin'. It might be this: https://greasergrrl.wordpress.com/...vestibular-syndrome/

The video half way down the page looks exactly like Heidi did.

Last night though she trotted - on her own I might add - for 2 (very flat) blocks. We are just trying to be positive and sensitive to her needs.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply