Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How'd You Do? August 15
Quote | Reply
How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How'd You Do? August 15 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M – 17 mi bike + 4.5 mi run
T – 20 mi bike + 4.8 mi run
W – 10 mi run
T – 5.5 mi run + 2200 yd swim
F – 8 mi run + 4 mi bike
S – 9 mi run
S – 7 mi run + 2700 yd swim

Totals: 48.8 mi run, 41 mi bike, 4900 yd swim

My goal had been 1h45 a day. I only averaged 1h30. Keeping the same 1h45 goal for this week.
Eating went ok. One really bad day, others were good.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did 2,273km last week on the bike...plus about 20km of cycling ;) i did run once, but mostly just walking/hiking and a bob around in a hotel pool.

this week's goals:
- 4 runs
- 3 bike
- 3 swim
- 4 core/strength

back to business. have an off-road tri in under 2 weeks! :p

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last week's goals: 7 weeks til marathon and not feeling ready at all!!! Time to bump the miles up baby!! Aiming for 70k this week.
Run: 7x (lunch times/ to & from work/ mornings with dog?) with one set of doubles and one LONG run (25k ++) => DONE
Bike: To & from work whenever not running to & from work. => DONE, rode 4x

This week: 6 weeks til marathon, not feeling the love. Saw the doc last week. Low on B12 and iron. I have some more tests this week and will have to try supplements or gad shots. Ugh. But it would explain why I feel so sluggish. Oh and today's my birthday - whoopdedoo - I am feeling old.
Run: 7x (lunch times MWRF + mornings T and R) plus LONG run on weekend (Sunday)

Take Sat off and enjoy doing something with K, bike ride or noodling in the pool or both!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How'd You Do? August 15 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My week was better than last.
I ended w/ 3 rides on bike, one 80 miler on the trainer - horrible. Still not over the mind numbing effect.
5 runs w/ long run of 17. total weekly miles 51
Only two swims, but better than last week. total of 6 K.

I'm 6 weeks out from Redman.

This week, I would love 3 swims, 50 miles running, and increasing my long bike ride to at least 90.

How many times a week are you all doing core? I kind of dropped that a few weeks ago. Only so many hours in the day.

Happy training everyone.
Quote Reply
Re: How'd You Do? August 15 [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nad wrote:
How many times a week are you all doing core? I kind of dropped that a few weeks ago. Only so many hours in the day.

10-15mins first thing in the morning mon-thurs (regular training is after work/weekends), plus whatever i sneak in elsewhere. i've been known to throw down some squats in the washroom at the office for the hell of it.

10mins lets me get in a little loosen-up (circles w/neck, wrists, elbows, arms, shoulders, torso, hips), then 2-4 other exercises for core/strength which i change every day. did Y/T/W/L and pushups this morning, yesterday it was side-lying leg lifts (abduction) , bridges and cobra pose, sometimes i do sun or moon salutations for flexibility, or hip hikes, single-leg calf raises, squats & deadlifts, or walking lunges to try to prevent imbalances. sometimes just a series of front, side, back planks, sometimes i get the resistance band out and do forward, back, and adduct/abduct stuff, sometimes it's core work with a swiss ball or just doing clamshell and fire hydrant exercises on the floor in the livingroom. whatever i feel like when i get up, and seldom do the same thing twice in a week.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Sometimes I do planks, but that's it.
Nice week!

Quote Reply
Re: How'd You Do? August 15 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice week and a belated happy birthday. I hope your iron supplements have you better soon.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm trying B12 first, because iron supplements have a bad habit of making most people quite constipated - and I like to poo every day. Started with supplements tonight, will report back any "anecdotal" findings...

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two runs
Two bikes.
One big swim (4km).

And I went to Seattle on the weekend to watch the Red Sox & Mariners.

Well, I am supposed to be tapering (IMC next week)!
Quote Reply
Re: How'd You Do? August 15 [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"How many times a week are you all doing core? I kind of dropped that a few weeks ago. Only so many hours in the day."

Yeah ditto here... also, it was aggravating my umbilical hernia so doc suggested I stop until it's resolved. Not sure that was the right advice haha as I am starting to feel imbalanced with all this running... ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply