Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Hottie Thread Redux
Quote | Reply
If ever there was a perfect place for a comeback....
Quote Reply
Re: Hottie Thread Redux [angryirish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you retarded? Have you suffered a head injury recently?

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: Hottie Thread Redux [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's only fair.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought his forum was suppose to be kinder and gentler. What is up with the name calling and insults?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I came over to this getler forum to see what its all about but I see that its really not that much different over here.
Quote Reply
Re: Hottie Thread Redux [angryirish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't get it. Are you suggesting we start posting pictures of naked or semi-naked men? Umm, BORING.

--------------------

http://thethighmasterroutetokona.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Wow...I thought this was going to be nicer over here too....
Quote Reply
Re: Hottie Thread Redux [Willrace4food] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jeez. Do you not see that the "hottie" thread suggestion is exactly the opposite of what we are trying to accomplish here? And in suggesting it angryirish is being blatantly disrespectful? Kinder/gentler doesn't mean people can be jerks and not get called om it.

Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL...pathetic. When did the humor leave ST and the ignorant intolerant PC police take over? Take a pill..it was a JOKE, no only a joke - but one that only a long time ST person would even get! I guess now if someone makes a tonge in cheek joke they are a "jerk". On the same token, I guess we should not wonder why so many women these days are destined to die lonely watching Ellen re-runs.

Some folks avoid the Lav room...I think it will be more popular to avoid this room

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
katy, it only stands to reason that they'd be lobbing their usual silly boy grenades over here too. i call it the *male dog syndrome* ~~ they just gotta lift their leg and pee on someone else's lawn to mark their territory. i don't think they can help it any more than they can stop breathing. hakuna matada & have a great day! it's so nice to have a women's forum, even though some goofball is gonna foul it up from time to time. and about that *it's a joke* silliness ~~ sorry to disagree with R10C, cuz he's usually spot on with his moral barometer, but i've heard that *it's a joke* schtick most of my life, and IMHO that's merely a simple way to excuse uncivil behavior, nothing more or less. it's not a joke if it's not *welcome* to the person on the receiving end. in the case of an inaugural post to a women's forum, it's truly in poor taste and speaks more to the fundamental insecurity and consequent need for attention of the poster than anything else. in the end, though, it's just another goofy grenade. big thanks to irnclm et al. for setting this thing up.
Quote Reply
Re: Hottie Thread Redux [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chip--as mentioned earlier, we do not have to, nor will, justify why there is a women's forum. Judging from the comments here, the emails and PMs that I've received, and the new posters coming out of the woodwork, people are happy to see it.

If you do not like how this forum is run, then I suggest that you don't visit. It's really that simple. If you do visit and post accordingly, then welcome. The same goes for anyone else. Thanks.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Hottie Thread Redux [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm, I took Katy's response to be a joke. Such sensitive people......
Quote Reply
Re: Hottie Thread Redux [the schlong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Um, I've been trained to squat when I pee, so that there's less splashing... :)

From what I've seen, there will be alot of cross-over. But I agree with some that - "joke" or no "joke" - if the first post someone reads when they come to this "kinder and gentler" forum is abusive and brash, the goal is not achieved...
Quote Reply
Re: Hottie Thread Redux [dreaming~big] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>but i've heard that *it's a joke* schtick most of my life, and IMHO that's merely a simple way to excuse uncivil behavior, nothing more or less<<

Amen, sista. I get so tired of hearing that mantra from folks who are just downright mean with their comments.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If you only knew how many people you just deeply offended with your choice of insults and ther implications. I'm not even sure that this is a matter of personal preference or 'taste'. Your post borders on pure ignorance or malice and, like was mentioned in other posts in this thread, your comments fly in the face of everything you have stated this 'womans forum' is supposed to stand for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Jeez. Do you not see that the "hottie" thread suggestion is exactly the opposite of what we are trying to accomplish here? And in suggesting it angryirish is being blatantly disrespectful? Kinder/gentler doesn't mean people can be jerks and not get called om it.

exactly katy. i'm with you. if there was every a LAME LAME suggestion, it would be a) the hottie thread in general and b) to propose it in the womens forum.

PUKE.
Quote Reply
Re: Hottie Thread Redux [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, in fairness to others, I shouldn't have used the term retarded. Although I was actually referring to it in the social sense, not actually developmentally disabled people. As others have posted, some men are just insecure and need to try to bring us down, for whatever reason.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is absolutely reprehensible that you would use such language...but I guess it goes to show the type of person that you really are. Show some class in your future responses to people rather than sinking below the shallow line that has already been drawn.

Your statement is morally repugnant and offensive to many people. I hope that you are not the moral compass for this discussion area.

JL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Thanks, in fairness to others, I shouldn't have used the term retarded. Although I was actually referring to it in the social sense, not actually developmentally disabled people. As others have posted, some men are just insecure and need to try to bring us down, for whatever reason.
It wasn't just the term 'retarded', the reference to people who have suffered major head injuries was also out of line and clearly demonstrates either complete insensitivity or severe ignorance towards those people. This has nothing to do with men 'bringing you down', you managed to do that all by yourself.
Last edited by: RL_SD: Feb 8, 08 16:33
Quote Reply
Re: Hottie Thread Redux [RL_SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When did I say major? When someone suffers a concussion they tend to say things that don't make sense.

I wasn't talking about bringing "me" down, I was talking about the negativity toward this forum, which is what this thread is all about.

I apologize. That's a mighty high horse you ride for someone who offended so many recently.

Last edited by: Katy: Feb 8, 08 16:43
Quote Reply
Re: Hottie Thread Redux [manutd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was going to avoid posting in The Womens room but this thread prompted me. Can you guys manage to stay out of The Womens room and leave them alone so the can actually have a Womens Room without you all crashing all their threads and starting ridiculous topics like this one. Then you get all butt hurt when The Womens tell you to get lost. If you are feeling abusive, try your luck in the LR.

back to lurking

Re: Hottie Thread Redux [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for making me laugh, that was a funny post. Please feel free to post anywhere you like, here included, especially when you are in a funny mood. I hope men with humor and insight post here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
When did I say major? When someone suffers a concussion they tend to say things that don't make sense.

I wasn't talking about bringing "me" down, I was talking about the negativity toward this forum, which is what this thread is all about.

I apologize. That's a mighty high horse you ride for someone who offended so many recently.
I'm not riding any horse. I was wrong to put up my post too. The difference between you and I is I owned my mistake without any excuses, my original post was not intended as a direct insult, and when I apologized I did so without trying to throw mud on anyone else. Having said that, I hope you truly realize why your post was so insulting and I hope you actually mean it when you say you're sorry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

well, katy, these are people who have come over here to dislodge what we're trying to do (which is have fun, be open, supportive, etc etc etc). maybe they're jealous that they're not women who knows, but their entire agenda is to bring down the spirit of the womens forum. so, i'm not going to respond to this thread anymore because it will only fuel their fire and enable them to get their little icky jollies off on being however it is that they're being. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Hottie Thread Redux [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

well, katy, these are people who have come over here to dislodge what we're trying to do (which is have fun, be open, supportive, etc etc etc). maybe they're jealous that they're not women who knows, but their entire agenda is to bring down the spirit of the womens forum. so, i'm not going to respond to this thread anymore because it will only fuel their fire and enable them to get their little icky jollies off on being however it is that they're being. ;)
Kittycat, that's an unfair statement. I don't know about the other people posting on this thread but I have no problem with a 'womens' forum. In fact, my motive for posting was directly inline with your stated purpose of being 'supportive, etc etc etc'. I posted to try to encourage other participants to consider how 'fun and supportive' it is to ask other people if they are retarded or have head injuries. Not everyone is against you.
Quote Reply

Prev Next