Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hey Jen
Quote | Reply
How is your ultra training going? I'm just curious since I'm running more lately.

N~
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Jen [kitkat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hehh...I haven't picked up my training yet. I'm having a tough time getting up off the couch. I tried to get into the Umstead 100 miler but it sold out in 19 minutes! I'm on the waitlist so we'll see.

I have the Seattle marathon on my schedule in November so I best get going. After that I'm not sure, still trying to nail down my list of races. I've met with a local ultra coach and we are setting up a loose schedule for getting me to a 100 miler. He'll give me race suggestions and a "workback" schedule so if I don't get into Umstead I can just shift everything to accomodate a new race.

So, I need to build up my mileage and drop 10 pounds. Gads, I need to get to work!

How is your training coming along?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Jen [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When is Seattle this year? Maybe I should do the half... hmm...

Quote | Reply
November 30th, the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Tough run, but hill at the end so you are toasted by the time you reach it. And, weather is lousy but it is local and goes along Lake Washington which is pretty. I've done the half a couple times and did the full in '05. Full almost killed me but I wasn't really trained for it. I'm hoping this year won't be as painful :-)

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanksgiving is in October silly (and on my birthday!) :P
My dad did the half many years ago. I remember it being an absolutely miserable day, but such is the way of the PNW in November. We are tough one's up here! :) I definitely won't be doing a full that close to now, and frankly have no interest in doing a full outside of an IM.
Now... should I do it? hmmm

Quote | Reply
As long as you don't think the weather will be any better in Seattle than it is on our side of the border I say DO IT! Seattle half was the second half I had ever done. It's not flat so don't expect to be speedy but it is good fun. I've done the half three times way back in the day but only last year did I attempt the full. I actually wanted MORE HILLS in the middle of the course if you can imagine. I flew up the hills at the end of the run (okay, I'm not fast but I felt like I was flying up the hills because I WAS passing people!). I've got a hotel room booked with a friend already and I'll decided if I'm really going to do the marathon the Saturday before and register at the expo. Come to Seattle. Last year it was a total shopping weekend (okay it didn't hurt that the canuck buck was at par) with a little run on Sunday morning. We shopped all the way down, at the expo (had to go back to the hotel to drop of bags), downtown seattle, then on Sunday all the way back to Canada.

Did I convince you yet?

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, I considered the Umstead 100 myself for my first 100 miler. I have stayed at the Umstead Hotel (now called the Four Seasons, I think) and run in Umstead Park many times. Thanks for the info on how fast that thing sells out. Maybe next year....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, you should be pretty well stocked up on carbs after your Thanksgiving feast for Seattle. Heres hoping you get into Umstead or another similar ultra.

Right now, I'm recovered from my last marathon and starting to train to PR at C'Bad . It would be cool to Boston qualify even if I don't go, it would be a cool feat.

Ahhh, and just trying to wrap my head around getting close to 100 miles/wk. We shall see how that all works out for my body, oy!

N~
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Jen [diva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just found out I'm second on the Umstead waiting list so it is pretty much a guarentee off a spot. I'm so excited!!

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow! this is great news! I'm sure you will be in it. Keep us updated on your training. I saw your post on Kickrunners...so I do lurk more than I post, but I'm so captivated by you guys who do IM training and 50-100 mile training...holy cripes!!! My hat is totally off to all of you. As for me, I'm not ready for all of that, so I will keep it on the down low for now.

N~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WICKED AWESOME! Freakin fantastic news right there. :D

Quote | Reply
Yeah, it will be cool. Painful, but cool. I guess I need to start running and stop eating cookies.

:p

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh man, me too. Don't tell anyone (especially Maggs!), but I totally just had a piece of cake again. My defense is that Rach told me I was allowed to yesterday and Safeway was sold out by the time I got there last night.
Well looks like you and me both made it in for Jordan's test training log site so now we have no excuse!!