Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me with my disappointment
Quote | Reply
Hi all,
Im real dissappointed about missing Eagleman. It sucks you train then you get a bad bad brochial cough sinus infection thing. Cant run a mile without coughing uncontrolably!
I was considering doing Eagleman. I am starting to feel better. But did not want to spend travel money if a cough fit happen. Why is it so hard to let go! I was on deaths door Sunday cough that was really painful in my chest! I know I feel better but what will happen if I push it?
Help me feel good telling my friends to go ahead without me!:(
KAren
Quote Reply
Re: Help me with my disappointment [kasdas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There will be other races, other years.....your training is not going to waste - think of the awesome shape you are in and you will just build on it for the next one. And of course you are disappointed. It would be abnormal if your were not!

rest up, watch some movies, get healthy and kick ass in the next race.

---

cat
Sponsored by Suntheanine, Lycored and Celadrin
http://www.lycored.com/web/content/library.asp http://suntheanine.com/Research.cfm http://celadrin.com/pages/studies.php
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes, i second cat. seriously, you're in wicked good shape, so enjoy it. there are other races, but there is only one body, and you've got it. if you lose your health, nothing is possible. but, if you do the right thing to get better, everything is possible.

so, while i understand your disappointment, please consider that you've got a whole big road ahead.

when i have been in these circumstances, (there is not one racer who hasn't been through this very situation you're in) i would look ahead at other race venues and think about "the next move". doing that keeps the eyes and mind forward, and always enabled me to see the light and improve my frame of mind. even become excited about new possibilities.

so, rest up buttercup, you can still have a great season!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI we're supposed to have our first 90 degree hazy, hot, humid weather of the summer this weekend. Not a good combination w/ a severe cough. Get healthy. Focus on the next race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stay home and get better. Start searching for another race you can do and sign up now. Just having another commitment a month or two away will make you feel better. Oh, and you're going to be that much better at the later race because you'll be just building on the training you've done so far.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me with my disappointment [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everyone's right on so far. It sucks to miss a big race but you have to look at the long term.
Hang in there!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't your friends "help you with your disappointment? Or why not go anyway and cheer your friends on? It's just a race and it's just a bronchial cough. There are other races. "Why is it so hard to let go?" Because you are being selfish? Think of the big picture. Or are you being overly dramatic? Death's door? Are your friends sick of hearing you whine, is that why you are soliciting comfort from the forum? Just curious why people train so hard too be healthy and then when they get sick, can't seem to take care of themselves.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me with my disappointment [timberdick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa... that's pretty unnecessary. Perhaps you need to be sent back to Lavender.

Quote | Reply
Please relax and get better ...as CatIsTriing said, there will be other races!!!

A few years ago, I had a minor upper respiratory infection and decided to race the South Carolina Half IM anyway. I felt horrible for the majority of the race. Then my minor sickness developed into full-blown bronchitis. Fast-forward 2 months to my A race of the year, the Florida Challange (or whatever they are calling it these days). Still not quite better, I raced ...it did not go well. I spent the next 4 months on an inhaler coughing up blood and nastiness anytime I tried to workout.

In summary, just because the race is there doesn't mean you should take a chance and do long term damage to your basically healthy body!!! Take it easy, let your body recover, and kick butt at your next race :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Read this blog

There will be other races you can do. If you have any chance (and you are healthy enough) consider going to the race to cheer. I spent last year watching races instead of racing, and this year when my friends cheer for me it really makes me feel great!
Last edited by: GhiaGirl: Jun 4, 08 12:48
Quote Reply
Re: Help me with my disappointment [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Everyone for the support!
Its hard to make the right decision. But I made it not going! ( Even though I feel better) Plus I will cheer from home so my friend who have LAke Placid around the corner dont get it. I could not forgive myself if they did.

Plus yes! I do think we need the support of each other thats why I come to this forum at times.I do keep myself healthy and eat right and exercise. At 44 I look the best I have in years! It was unfortunate that my grandson had a bad cold and gave it to me! But I wont pass on a kiss and hug from him sick or not.
Thanks Everyone! Theres Timberman and Xterra!
Kas
Quote Reply