Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Heart Rate Monitor Bras
Quote | Reply
Anybody have any experience with heart rate monitor bras? Either the Polar or the Numetrex? I'm thinking of getting one and am leaning towards the Numetrex because the transmitter fibers are woven into the bra. I get tired of wearing the chest strap and would love to find an alternative. My main concerns are:

1) Does it work?
2) Does the bra provide enough support?
3) Does the bra dry adequately from the swim?

Any information would be helpful!

Thanks,

Joanna
Quote Reply
Re: Heart Rate Monitor Bras [aloisus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are using a newer Polar chestrap in which the sensor 'buttons' onto the strap, then the new Polar Cardio Sport Bra also eliminates the need for the chest strap (http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/cardioBra-white.shtml). They are on the pricey side but I got two for the wife and UPS left them on our doorstep yesterday so she gets to try one tonight.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably not what you're looking for, but Salomon makes a heart rate monitor bra, and I really don't like it. It rubs because the strap holder is a little tougher of material than the rest of the bra, and I always get chafing. Also, it feels too tight when the hr monitor is in it, and when I don't use the HR monitor, it just rubs too much.

-----
Follow me on Twitter! megankillian
Quote Reply
Re: Heart Rate Monitor Bras [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If you are using a newer Polar chestrap in which the sensor 'buttons' onto the strap, then the new Polar Cardio Sport Bra also eliminates the need for the chest strap (http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/cardioBra-white.shtml). They are on the pricey side but I got two for the wife and UPS left them on our doorstep yesterday so she gets to try one tonight.

Holy crap! That looks so awesome! I suffer from chronic Polar strap chafing on my back. I'm interested to hear how they work out for your wife. Especially if the seams are non-chafing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the Polar bra it was comfortable, unfortunately there was not enough support, I am on the small side too. Nor was it good to swim in. I have never tired the other model you mention. Happy shopping!
Quote Reply