Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Healthy way to "detox" from crap food?
Quote | Reply
My eating is way out of control. Yes, much of it is in my head and I need to HTFU and stop eating like a pig but my cravings for sugar and general crap are really rough. I'm wondering if anyone has a healthy detox program that they recommend so I can get off the sugar and other crud? Clearly my body is out of whack and I need to get it back in line.

Please, no water only, no maple syrup drinks and no grapejuice diets. :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy way to "detox" from crap food? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Jen

There are several reasons you may be craving sugar. Are you on a low fat diet......or in a habit of eating low fat. Not getting enough fats is a common cause for sugar cravings. My go to's when I have an overwhelming urge to pig out on brownies and ICE CREAM! is to up the olive oil and avacados.

As far as detox......Good ol' water.....I know there are "Detox" drinks and what not but I don't think sugar creates a bunch of free radicals that you have to get rid off. Nothing like a good work-out either.

Hurry Up Every Chance You Get

(formerly LuctorEtEmergo)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No suggestions, but I'm with you, sister. For me, anyway, eating right is the hardest part of this game. Hill repeats on the bike ... easy. Yasso 800s ... piece of cake. Skipping that cake ... hard hard hard.

Maybe a support group is in order. Like Fight Club for cheeseburgers.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know what you mean by "detox" ... if you want to eat healthier... the best way to do it is just start doing the all-healthy thing and the cravings will go eventually (sugar craving: grab a sweet piece of fruit - alternatively, grapefruit, the sourness of that tends to kill a sweet craving for me).

I think the answer is in the
In Reply To:

I need to HTFU and stop eating like a pig[/quote] part

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy way to "detox" from crap food? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damn. I want something that involves no willpower and no suffering!

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slice a mango and then dice it. Cut a couple limes in halfs and squeeze them over the mangos.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy way to "detox" from crap food? [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This will fix me? Sounds yummy!

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's so yummy and will help with the other craves. It is hard but you just gotta train your brain to crave yummy healthy stuff :-)

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've successfully killed my cravings for 'junk' foods. Seriously. I'm 6 days into eating just healthy stuff - I got an ice cream this afternoon (seemed like a nice way to end an afternoon of an outdoor pool swim workout) and it tasted way too sweet and icky to me.

Resist the cravings and they'll go away if you eat enough healthy stuff.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
low glycemic food. healthy breakfast mixed with fruits. snack at 10 am of fruits. lunch at 12 pm of carbs and 16 oz of gatorade. snack again at 3 pm. toast at 5:30 pm with tea. dinner at 9:30 pm. desert is fruits again. lots of water during the day. that's my eating habit for the day. once a week ice cream. works for me even though i have a major sweet tooth but this is how i keep it under control.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It may be a little extreme for some people, but my husband and I will do the lemonade diet (detox)for 5-7 days. It gets us out of junk food cravings and back into eating healthy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please tell me you haven't started eating healthy yet. We have a lot of ice cream to indulge in this weekend! :D

Quote | Reply
I'm saving my sugar calories for the weekend :-)

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jenhs, my wife and I are on a program by isagenix.com. It is mainly a weight loss program, which neither of us need, but we do it for the detox and cleanse benifits. We both have had great results. It's not for everyone, but PM me if you want info.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, ice cfream. We are going to Tickleberries, right?

Detox post IMC. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy way to "detox" from crap food? [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well of course detox post IMC! Sheesh, I'm not a sado-masochist! I refuse to deny myself a celebratory sugar load.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about alcohol?

Does anyone know the rules for bringing wine across the border?

I'm so excited for the weekend!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy way to "detox" from crap food? [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can bring booze. No problemo.

But here's some rules you must follow while in the country watching IMC: Only carrot sticks and water are to be consumed. You may also consume powergels, powerbars and gatorade as the athletes will be stuck eating this shit too. Post-race you may indulge in anything you want so long as you have plenty available to the participants.

Quote | Reply
I'll be sure and have the quart of ice cream, bag of chips and beer in front of me while I sit in my chair working on my tan in front of Slumberlodge. I'll clap if my hands are empty.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are a bastard. I'm alerting CBSA not to let you in.

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You may also consume powergels, powerbars and gatorade as the athletes will be stuck eating this shit too.

Not this mens. hehehehhe...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy way to "detox" from crap food? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can join me for ice cream, chips and beer. We'll wave a D. as she comes through for the run :-)

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You can join me for ice cream, chips and beer. We'll wave a D. as she comes through for the run :-)

Perfect! :D

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just did a detox program called "Restart" by a company called Designs for Health (www.designsforhealth.com). It includes all the vitamans, mineral, shakes and Palleo bars and the eating program for the week. I felt healthier, and had a lot more energy when I finished. It was worth every penny. My health club now only stocks products from this company due their research.
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy way to "detox" from crap food? [IronMandie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for mangos, they really do curb a sweet tooth somehow. (And I have a big sweet tooth!).

Also try eating sweet potatoes. They help too. A lot.

Although nothing really "helps" totally get rid of my own craving for whatever isn't so good for me... :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next