Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Happy Mother's Day!
Quote | Reply
Hi Ladies,
Happy Mother's Day to each and every one of you.

You're all great!

xo, joanne
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Mother's Day! [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, joanne.

i'm thinking that i have some good womens friends who for whatever reason have no children. it's somehow strange, isn't it, a womens day celebrating something that other women haven't experienced. of course, i guess everybody's got a mother, so everybody can celebrate something today, right? just wondering if mothers day is strange and *off puttish* for those who have no children, or am i being overly sensitive and off the wall?
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Mother's Day! [dreaming~big] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Overly sensetive.

Thank god for moms!!!! I have no kids nor do I intend to but I think mom's should be celebrated more than once a year for taking on the hardest job in the world!

My mom, bless her heart was out volunteering at my duathlon yesterday, manning a 4 way intersection in her orange safety vest. I was so happy to see her as I biked by, she comes to as many as my races as she can and always volunteers. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely...Happy Hottie Mother's Day to all the moms here in ST-land!
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Mother's Day! [dreaming~big] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>just wondering if mothers day is strange and *off puttish* for those who have no children, <<

Having no kids and now, no mom, I'm F'ING SICK of all the MD ads on TV/radio.

cranky clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Mother's Day! [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's how I feel around Valentine's Day. Ug.
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Mother's Day! [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Cathy,

I too am not a mother and I too have lost my mother but I still think that Mothers Day is an important day. I teach first grade and this past week my class has been excited to make cards and gifts for their moms. My class asked about my mom and I told them what had happened. They were really sad but then I explained that in some ways I'm lucky because although my mom is no longer living on earth she is still living in my heart and I know she's with me all the time.

I know we all feel differently about Mother's Day (and that's okay) but for me it's yet another reason to think about my mom, and how she truly was a special person in my life.

Karen

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Mother's Day! [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a non-mom (never want to be...though I did have fun playing with Rachel's daughter today...for about 5 minutes, maybe not even that long) and not particularly close to my mom, I still 'celebrate' mother's day by telling everyone who is a mom happy mother's day. I also call all my pseudo mom's (those who took care of me in college and when I was living overseas) I think it's an important job and I'm really glad a lot of people want to be moms.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy mother's day to all the mom's - and daughters celebrating.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aww shucks thanks. Yesterday I was riding outside of Xantusia at camp and had to get by with a wicked awesome call from K. She followed it up with the best hug+kiss combo today. Being a mom rocks.

Thx,
AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply