Login required to started new threads
Login required to post replies
Since catching the bouquet/garter isn't something you can plan, you'd need to have a second proposal plan ready.
Clarification: I'm saying to ask the bridal couple first because some couples would have a problem with a proposal taking place at their wedding reception. I'm not suggesting you ask them to "fix" the bouquet/garter toss.
"Real winners aren't content with yesterday's victories"
I would be cautious with proposing at someone else's wedding. I know someone that had that happen to them without being asked and they were a little disappointed to be sharing their "day."
Best of luck!
http://www.rdsupplier.com "making race directing easier"
getting to the beach before your walk to write "will you marry me?" in the sand would be fun.
one couple i know was eating oysters which the guy had picked up and had shucked. one of hers had the ring inside (instead of a fleshy raw oyster).
or, if weather doesn't cooperate, there's always having the inn staff plant the ring in her breakfast somehow. i've heard of putting it at the bottom of a mimosa.
We didn't have a romantic proposal and I wish we had. Good for you for planning this. She will always remember it and be sure she has good bragging rights to her girlfriends.
"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
- Buy a bunch of flowers
- Go down the the beach or preferably have a friend go down
- Create an outline with the flowers or buds
- They use more flowers or buds to write in the center "will you marry me"
This is what we did for a friend.
The way that I proposed to my wife went like this:
- She went shopping with my sister in-law (by the way also my best friend)
- I had ordered 12 dozen roses which I spread throughout the house
- I had picked up several items to reflect different things about how I feel about her and written reference to them in a card, here is an example:
- A globe, because I would walk the world a million times to be with you
- A phone, because you can call on me any time you need me
- Screws, because you can screw me any time you want :)
- A pack of Lifesavers (the candy) because my life has been changed since I met you
- A pen, so you can write the many memories we will share
- All and all there was 12 with the last being a flashlight, so she could point it at my hand and see it sparkle.
- I had wrapped each item in seperate bags and after she opened the card, I read it off as she opened each item. When she got to the flashlight I had pulled out the ring and held it in my hand, down on one knee and asked her to marry me.
Great memories. What ever you decide to do, I would make it as special as possible. It will be a day that you look back on forever :)
"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
no offense, but to propose at someone else's wedding is just wildly inappropriate, IMO.
HC, i think it is nice of you to surprise her like this. my best advice is to relax, as anything too planned will feel forced. just go with it and you will know the right moment. it might even be in your hotel when you're relaxing, who knows. it's about how you feel for each other, not really how or where you do it. doing it with loving intentions is the important thing.