Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Giving up my caffeine :( [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not gonna lie, I had my morning frap. I've got some issues with one of my kitties right now... she gets up around 5 and bats around at the blinds behind my bed until I get up. This will literally go on for 2 hours if I don't get up. She'll stop if I let her outside, but I don't let her out before light in the mornings because I live near a park with plenty of coyotes. So knowing I was going to have that milky, chocolately deliciousness kept me from punching the wall. And good thing I had it because work was a gong show and it was very comforting haha.
It's clearly not going to happen anytime soon, so I guess I will just embrace it and do my best not to eat any other crap.

Quote | Reply
Can you get a smaller one or only drink half of it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I got the things down to a science. Yes, I've been drinking them for a long time lol. The tall's I find too chocolatey, but the grande's are juuuuust right. Now to only drink half of one after spending $100 ($4.46) to buy one just doesn't compute in my mind. BUT, I should have some more gift cards coming my way soon so when they come in maybe I'll start doing that.

Quote | Reply
Ah, now we get into the territory of what are you paying for? Drives me nuts when I buy my hubby an Americano and he doesn't finish it. But, he has a good answer to that. We are paying for it and don't have to drink it. We are paying for the "experience of drinking it". Sounds silly until you think about it. You are paying for the enjoyment of the drink and if you enjoy half then that is all you need to drink to get your money's worth. Same as eating out. You are paying for the dining experience and the enjoyment of the food, not just the food itself. If you don't finish the huge dish served to you, do you enjoy your meal any less?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good in theory, but I'm too poor to be looking at it that way. If I only drink half of it then I have to make up those 125 calories with something else that I normally wouldn't have purchased. Now, if I had a job at Microsoft this may not be such an issue... :P hehe

Quote | Reply
I like my cinnamon lattes and I have some guilt too. Sometimes I drink half of it, put the rest in the frig and heat it in the microwave the next day. It's still pretty good.

Nor do I use punctuation in the way a child sprinkles glitter over a ribbon of glue on construction paper - Trash Talk
Quote Reply

Prev Next