Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Getting Worked Up for Shakiness?
Quote | Reply
Okay, this is going to sound so strange. I just don't know how to medically get worked up for it.

Background:
Spent 20 years in the USAF and retired. Did fine. Spent 9 after USAF years playing. Coming back this last year, they completely love me, I keep getting promoted, and getting so much more responsibility than I signed up for. Once every six months or so, I start shaking so much that I have to grab a wall, sit down, and call a member of my staff to come get me. As strange as it is to type, it is complete hell to live with. I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis so I'm not sure it is a mental problem, it may be physical, what should I tell my medical professional?

Your thoughts are appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Getting Worked Up for Shakiness? [albarina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tell them your symptoms.

you said NOT psychological but possibly anxiety? you sound under a lot of stress which is why I would guess a manifestation of anxiety.

caffeine intake?

if physical - some odd firing of a bunch of neurons that shouldn't be?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Getting Worked Up for Shakiness? [albarina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have Hashimoto's too. Go see your doc and describe this exactly the way you did here. They can rule out a lot of things but I guarantee you the first questions they will ask will be about stress, caffeine, alcohol, drugs, sleep habits more or less in that order. How are you sleeping btw?

My gut says stress, which can cause some serious hormone imbalance.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Getting Worked Up for Shakiness? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you all so much. Sleeping fine. These symptoms are so new and so scary that I may have my head in the sand. I don't want to learn that I have MS or Parkinsons (I don't want to know those symptoms) or something that bad. I'm doing a HIM this next weekend and I keep thinking that I'm working out too much to have anxiety; I bring it up because these attacks make me more than anxious! Duh!

Thanks, all. I'll let you know what the professionals say.
Quote Reply