Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Getting Pregnant
Quote | Reply
Hello all,

I don't have too many female friends I canask, so I thought I'd start here. My wife and I have decided to try and start a family. She's recently bought an ovulation kit. My question is this - on the days when the test is negative (no smiley face on the tester), does that mean that it's impossible for her to get pregnant on that day or just unlikely?

Thanks for your help!
Quote Reply
Re: Getting Pregnant [ndtriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi! Congrats on your journey. Trying to conceive can be quite fun! Ovulation predictor kits indicate that she is about to ovulate based on her hormones. Sperm can live up to 5 days however it is best for the man to abstain until you get you get a positive result, then the fun can begin the next day. And you can have as much fun as you want after! A tip from me to you, your changes increase dramatically for every orgasm she has. :)

Have fun!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the only way. DHD.
Quote Reply
Re: Getting Pregnant [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It also depends on the sex of the child you want. There's two "types" of sperm, the X and Y chromosome ones. To increase the chances of having a girl, and if you know her cycle well, then you should have intercourse just before she ovulates as the Y chromosome sperm swim faster and die sooner, whereas the X chromosome sperm swim slower but last longer. This isn't 100%, but is fairly accurate.....

We've used this method to try and have a girl and we did. We also know a lot of other people who have done this with great success.

Finally, talk to someone who knows about natural family planning (NFP), the method that you'd be looking at is the Serena method as it is pretty accurate. The one thing I will warn you about is that the people who generally practice NFP are religious, but that doesn't mean that they don't know what they're talking about (too often people are discounted as knowledgeable just because they have a faith).

Oh.... don't forget to have fun as well!
Quote Reply
Re: Getting Pregnant [Tri 2 Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It also depends on the sex of the child you want. There's two "types" of sperm, the X and Y chromosome ones. To increase the chances of having a girl, and if you know her cycle well, then you should have intercourse just before she ovulates as the Y chromosome sperm swim faster and die sooner, whereas the X chromosome sperm swim slower but last longer. This isn't 100%, but is fairly accurate.....

We've used this method to try and have a girl and we did. We also know a lot of other people who have done this with great success.

Scientific! Love it. Surely the fact that it worked for you and your friends means it works! ;-)
Did the coin come up *heads* all those times also?
Sorry...couldn't resist.
HC

---------------------------------------------------
Holden Cain, ObGyn..."People pulling people out of people"
Quote Reply
Re: Getting Pregnant [holdencain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Scientific! Love it. Surely the fact that it worked for you and your friends means it works! ;-)
Sorry...couldn't resist.

HC

Now see, there you go judging something like only someone who's got an agenda would, without actually taking the time to research the subject. All three common methods (there are other derivatives) of natural family planning were proposed by DOCTORS. That's right. You heard it here.... DOCTORS. Not only that, but they were MEDICAL DOCTORS (in case there may be some confusion).

If you don't believe me, do your own internet research: Billings Method, Serena Method and Creighton Method. I provided the: "I practice it, and know others who have had success," to provide a point from where a person might do their own looking up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Sorry...couldn't resist.

HC

Now see, there you go judging something like only someone who's got an agenda would, without actually taking the time to research the subject. All three common methods (there are other derivatives) of natural family planning were proposed by DOCTORS. That's right. You heard it here.... DOCTORS. Not only that, but they were MEDICAL DOCTORS (in case there may be some confusion).

If you don't believe me, do your own internet research: Billings Method, Serena Method and Creighton Method. I provided the: "I practice it, and know others who have had success," to provide a point from where a person might do their own looking up.

This reply is particularly funny due to what HC does for a living...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Getting Pregnant [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought so too, but hey, I'm just repeating what my father told me (he's an OB-Gyn....) :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I thought so too, but hey, I'm just repeating what my father told me (he's an OB-Gyn....) :)

So is holdencain. Read his sig line, genius.
Quote Reply
Re: Getting Pregnant [mts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really? Are you that dense? Look at my reply "genius"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Really? Are you that dense? Look at my reply "genius"

The fact that you suggested to an Ob-Gyn "If you don't believe me, do your own internet research: Billings Method, Serena Method and Creighton Method. I provided the: "I practice it, and know others who have had success," to provide a point from where a person might do their own looking up." might lead one to conclude that you didn't notice he was an Ob-Gyn. I'll bet cash dollars that Dr. Cain is familiar with all these methods.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From a one time OPK user... When negative - unlikely. When they start to get positive - go for it!! Baby dance until no more positives, then baby dance for another day or 3... just in case she ovulates a little bit later than she thinks. Have fun trying!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply