Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gen'y piercings and biking...
Quote | Reply
Question regarding genital piercings and biking. I have been noticing some incresed sesitivity when i'm doing distance training. Don't think its my chamois. Haven;t used any 'glide' products yet. Any tips? Should I remove the piercing during biking/races? Any suggestions of 'flavors' of glide products for my sensitive areas? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Gen'y piercings and biking... [telyoso] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to have a labia piercing....never rode a bike with it, but as long as it's an established piercing, I'd take it out during distance training/races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
someone is going to say it so it might as well be me...

pics?

=]

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't had any issues other than the ocassional pinch when they get possitioned poorly so I leave them in. I do use assos chamois cream on all rides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As soon as I started riding in the aero position, I started having issues. Ended up not being worth it to keep dealing with the pain or taking it out/putting it back in. Wasn't a piercing that I was particularly fond of after a while anyway, so I had no issue letting it close. I question whether its an issue of friction, which can be solved by some sort of body glide, or if its actually from the pressure against the seat combined with the movement.

My nape (neck) piercing and my wetsuit are the worst enemies, but I don't want to give up the piercing. For some reason, that particular piercing on me heals up crazy fast - often hard to push the jewelry back through after having it out for more than 5 hours, and then it ends up being very sore for the next few days, borderline infected. I've had it for 4 years now, so its not like its a new piercing.

Two suggestions - you could replace the current jewelry with a flexible retainer during the longer volumes of your training. They're cheap ($3-4?), and you can get them in a variety of gauges and lengths. If you don't want to change it right away, it doesn't matter. Change it back to steel/acrylic whenever you feel the need to ... ahem.. show it off. Also, check into Tygon body jewelry. Some love it, some hate it. As a more permanent jewelry selection, it has a bad rep - it's a very flexible surgical tubing, but is also slightly porous... after being in for a long time, it can be a breeding ground for bacteria. Its great for more "custom" body piercings.. I can't buy a retainer for a piercing staple, and the odds of it being bent to the exact length my bar was is slim to none. For my olys, halfs, and Placid, I plan to pick up some tygon to feed through and just leave it in for the weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Gen'y piercings and biking... [swimlinz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To add to my first post, I have streched my piercings (just a little) and find the larger guage far more comfortable which is quite common with piercings in that region due to the elasticity of the tissue.
Quote Reply