Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gelin Abaci
Quote | Reply
Tension set solitaire rings. Any thoughts, opinions, feedback?

Thanks in advance.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: Gelin Abaci [ttocsmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
picked out my own engagement ring, and that's exactly what i got - but in titanium.

the tension set doesn't catch on stuff, nor will i ever knock the setting & stone off. the titanium has some scratches and scuffs, but if i ever want it polished up, the place i got it from (titaniumera.com) offers lifetime refinishing.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
The ring is beautiful! It makes me laugh that its paired with a sports watch. I always joke that nothing about my personality screams "diamonds" because I've always got my Timex or Garmin on :)
Quote Reply
Re: Gelin Abaci [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! Thanks.

Quote Reply
Re: Gelin Abaci [FeS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
*lol* yeah i'm not a diamonds kinda gal either, so the stone isn't actually a diamond! it's called moissanite - a silicon carbide almost as hard as diamond (9.25 on the mohr scale vs. 10.0), with greater brilliance in the same cut. you'd never know it wasn't a diamond to look at it, though it wasn't done with intent to deceive - just something a little different :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moissanite

http://jewelry.lovetoknow.com/Crystal_Moissanite

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Do you remember the model number of your ring? Is it a Gelin Abaci? (I'm looking at that one and one that's similar.)

Have you picked out a wedding band yet? A flat ring doesn't fit so well with that style ring.

Thanks again.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's not gelin abaci - i don't do designer stuff ;)

the model is the "andromeda" from titaniumera.com (http://www.titaniumera.com/...cid=799&pid=2203) - been wearing a wedding band with it for 6 years, just a plain rounded titanium band. the andromeda was bought in a 4mm width (not including the stone), and the band is the same width. i believe it's the ultradome - http://www.titaniumera.com/...?cid=784&pid=757

the one thing i will highly recommend is seeing if you can get your rings "comfort fit" - they round off the corner between the outer and inner face of the ring, which means it's less likely to pinch, and easier to get over a knuckle that's a tight squeeze. all of our rings (my engagement ring & both our wedding rings) are done that way, and you hardly even notice you're wearing them.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Since you've been wearing the round wedding band for 6 years, it must not be bothersome then. I was curious, given the non-flat shape of the ring:

Thanks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mine is significantly more rounded than that photo (these were taken this evening) - you can sort of see the way the inner corner is rounded off in the "comfort fit":

(the finish is definitely not what it used to be, though they still look shiny in the photo below, taken ~30 sec apart)

(i prefer the wedding band on the inside due to the odd shape of the andromeda - just fits better that way, though it's fine on its own)

definitely not bothersome - the only time i take those rings off is when wrenching on motorcycles or other stuff that i might scratch with them.

cheers!

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: Aug 31, 09 15:59
Quote Reply