Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Free basic Bike maint clinic in Portland
Quote | Reply
Hi ladies!
I'd like to not only introduce myself on the forum here, but also offer a free women's only basic bike maintenance clinic at our Portland, Or. warehouse!

So I'm Bre and I'm a retired Pro triathlete that also works for Planet X / On-One / Titus doing tech support, design and engineering. I'm a certified Master mechanic with over 20 years in the bike industry and have held lots and lots of clinics. I was the Ironman tech support head in Kona, have owned my own bike shop and used to coach athletes, so I have been around a bit ;)

I'm hoping to help take some of the fear and intimidation out of getting to know your bike and what to do if you need to do a little work on it yourself. In this first clinic we'll be discussing things that you may encounter during your off season training and commuting. I plan on holding other clinics periodically and will vary the content with the season that we are in.

Start time will be at 12:00 on Saturday the 17th of November and I'm thinking we are going to go for about 4 hours with an open question session at the end. Location will be at the Planet X warehouse, 57 NE Hancock Portland, OR. 97212. 503-477-6182
RSVP's are nice but not absolutely necessary. Most likely we'll be doing some sort of ride in the morning before as well so if interested please let me know!

I hope to see a few of you there!
Last edited by: Planet X USA: Oct 31, 12 12:18
Quote Reply
Re: Free basic Bike maint clinic in Portland [Planet X USA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very cool; might consider a trip down south for this (in Seattle). Thanks Bre!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for sharing this! I'll pass it along via Facebook as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm interested - bikes come for work during the clinic, right?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Free basic Bike maint clinic in Portland [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, you can bring your bikes if you like, I'll need someone's bike to be the one that I demonstrate on :)

I plan on having some coffee and tea available, as well as some bagels if I can convince the boss that we need some!

I'm super excited to be hosting this event, hopefully our showroom will be somewhat done so we can do it in there. We are in the process of rebuilding it right now and it's coming along swimmingly :)

Bre
Quote Reply