Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fracture (broken) Pubic Remus
Quote | Reply
Hi, I broke my pubic Remus (right) on Xmas Day. Wondering if anyone suffered similar and manage to recover within x number of months before doing a 70.3 event? Or how was your progress of recovery like.

Today status, I can stand on both feet but not walk. Am using crutches to move about.
Quote Reply
Re: Fracture (broken) Pubic Remus [Icebaby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds awful. I'm so sorry.
Nosy, but how did you break it? Stress fracture or sudden break?
I wish I could give you some info, but all I've got is "make sure to get enough calcium."

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Fracture (broken) Pubic Remus [Icebaby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I fractured my pubic rami too (running stress fractures). The first time I fractured in 2 spots on same side. Six months later when not fully back to running, I fractured one spot on the other side. I took a long break from running after that. From going through this twice, I can say the different sides acted differently. The one with 2 fractures took way longer to feel better (on crutches for that one only, limited all activity) but gives me no problems now. With the other side, I was able to do more faster but that one still has lingering issues (over 1 year ago). For that second one, I was biking again in a couple of weeks and felt OK. I purposefully took a long time off from running though. I did some running successfully this past season but limited the distances. I did aquabike races for longer distance races. I was consistently given the advice to go by how it feels. If you haven't already, find a sport meds doc who knows osteoporosis. Even if you don't test as osteoporotic, that person may have some good advice. Are you male or female? If female, a PT that specializes in women's health may also be helpful. I wish I could give you better advice on your 70.3. Is aquabike an option? Or relay? Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Fracture (broken) Pubic Remus [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm nosy too...have encountered one rider with pubic symphosis fracture (male) but never a fracture of the rami.
Inferior or Superior rami?
Really sorry to hear, take it super easy.

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply