Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fracture (broken) Pubic Remus
Quote | Reply
Hi, I broke my pubic Remus (right) on Xmas Day. Wondering if anyone suffered similar and manage to recover within x number of months before doing a 70.3 event? Or how was your progress of recovery like.

Today status, I can stand on both feet but not walk. Am using crutches to move about.
Quote Reply
Re: Fracture (broken) Pubic Remus [Icebaby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds awful. I'm so sorry.
Nosy, but how did you break it? Stress fracture or sudden break?
I wish I could give you some info, but all I've got is "make sure to get enough calcium."

disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Fracture (broken) Pubic Remus [Icebaby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I fractured my pubic rami too (running stress fractures). The first time I fractured in 2 spots on same side. Six months later when not fully back to running, I fractured one spot on the other side. I took a long break from running after that. From going through this twice, I can say the different sides acted differently. The one with 2 fractures took way longer to feel better (on crutches for that one only, limited all activity) but gives me no problems now. With the other side, I was able to do more faster but that one still has lingering issues (over 1 year ago). For that second one, I was biking again in a couple of weeks and felt OK. I purposefully took a long time off from running though. I did some running successfully this past season but limited the distances. I did aquabike races for longer distance races. I was consistently given the advice to go by how it feels. If you haven't already, find a sport meds doc who knows osteoporosis. Even if you don't test as osteoporotic, that person may have some good advice. Are you male or female? If female, a PT that specializes in women's health may also be helpful. I wish I could give you better advice on your 70.3. Is aquabike an option? Or relay? Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Fracture (broken) Pubic Remus [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm nosy too...have encountered one rider with pubic symphosis fracture (male) but never a fracture of the rami.
Inferior or Superior rami?
Really sorry to hear, take it super easy.

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply