Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fire haze in Denver -- to run outside or not
Quote | Reply
I'm in the meaty portion of my NY marathon training. Things have been going very well -- all the body parts are still working and I had a great 16-miler on Sunday. Yesterday was my day off and this morning I ran 6 hilly miles. Some of the California fire haze has made it here to Denver (it's so hazy that the skyline is barely visible from north of the city), and I'm wondering if I should take my workouts inside until it clears. I don't have any respiratory problems as a general rule, but I do feel a twinge in my throat. That twinge could be due to any number of factors, smoke being just one. Should I be safe and run inside or am I working myself up over nothing?
Quote Reply
Re: Fire haze in Denver -- to run outside or not [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm here in the Denver area too, and being in the last 2 weeks before IMWI, I've decided to take my workouts indoors for now. Just driving on the west side this morning, the entire Golden valley is filled with smoke.

I'm not one for the treadmill, but I figure better safe than sorry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might be just fine running outdoors but why risk your health? It will be harder mentally to run indoors but you don't want to expose yourself to those hazards if you don't need to. I just heard about a runner who has a bunch of health issues a year after running during the LA fires from last year.
Quote Reply
Re: Fire haze in Denver -- to run outside or not [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's inside for me. Luckily, this week is a relatively low mileage recovery week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey there!
I did a 30 bike and 5 run tues and then a 20 bike today and boy could I feel it especially on the run. Take it inside!! I'm off tomorrow but hope to try the pool friday. Miss seeing the mountains! Keep up the great job!!!

COtrimom

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have EIA, noticed significant respiratory distress over the last few days while run/bike/swimming outside: as did several other asthmatics I've spoken to. Probably safest inside - check the forecasts, tomorrow looks bad.
http://apcd.state.co.us/addendum.aspx
Quote Reply