Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fighting cancer with Ironman
Quote | Reply
I signed up to participate with Team in Training at Ironman Wisconsin to raise awareness and support for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Gayle, my mother-in-law, was recently diagnosed with leukemia, so this is my way of making a contribution: asking for your help. If you can, please donate at the following webpage: http://www.active.com/...consin2009/09DHowell

The cool thing about this project is that the Janus Foundation is matching all contributions dollar-for-dollar. So, every dollar donated turns into two dollars that goes toward blood-cancer research.

Thanks.
Last edited by: SBRW: Jan 12, 09 11:17
Quote Reply
Re: Fighting cancer with Ironman [SBRW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ford Ironman Arizona (eighth in her age group) she's living proof of that statement. "Triathlon has an ability to put energy, fun and fight into your life." Originally from Australia, Breier-Mackie grew up swimming, running and competing as a triathlete. She was given the word – remember, not a sentence – that she had cancer in December, 2002. She’s a nurse, but with a newborn and a two-year-old running around the house, it’s easy to pass on doing your own abdominal exams. Her doctor didn’t though, and he found a mass in her stomach. Turns out she had non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.The photo here was taken in Clearwater, where the 40-year-old was competing at the Foster Grant World Championship 70.3. “I had a great race considering I was actually on a taper for Arizona, but managed to PB my 70.3 time at 4:49,” she wrote in an e-mail. “Not bad for a washed up cancer mom.”

Quote Reply