Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Feminine perspective Podcasts?
Quote | Reply
Hey ladies,
I'm really getting into listening to podcasts while I train. I have a variety of personalities and shows that I frequent, but something I'm lacking is a good feminine voice/show.

I'm not looking for ladies bitching about their husbands or anyone who thinks of themselves as a queen, just good strong or funny or intelligent or whatever feminine views.

Examples of women I like...

Michelle Obama (I'm hanging on to hope that he husband doesn't f%*k up so badly that she can run in the future. Michelle Obama/Howard Dean ticket is my dream.)

Whoopi Goldberg: Haven't really seen her on the view, but she used to be one of my favorites. Funny as hell and smart.

Kathleen Madigan: One of the best stand ups anywhere.

Women I don't like.
Dr.Laura- she's just an #**hole
Elisabeth Hasselbeck: ignorant and bitchy.
Jackie Cushman: Peddling crap she doesn't really believe in or is just that dumb.

What do you have?
Athletic related, politics, science, space exploration, comedy... anything as long as the host is a woman and isn't playing the classic american woman archetype.

Here's an example of writing that I like. Enjoy.

http://persephoneswirl.blogspot.com/...blonde.html?spref=fb

or this

http://www.stephaniecoontz.com/articles/article33.htm

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Feminine perspective Podcasts? [Mward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you like pedantic crap with a leftist slant?? Search this forum for 'pretty' that should stoke your fire.

When someone pulls laws out of their @$$, all we end up with are laws that smell like sh!t. -Skippy
Quote Reply
Re: Feminine perspective Podcasts? [original PV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So you like pedantic crap with a leftist slant?? Search this forum for 'pretty' that should stoke your fire.

You're one of the posters that I completely avoid and you've shown me that I was soundly justified in doing so. I'll only respond to you with this post and then I'll go back to skipping anything you have to say.

I realize that I've posted my own opinion on some women and so maybe I'm opening myself to comments like yours, but my view is that I'm giving my opinion of their public work, not them. I don't know these women, just their work. I'm sure they're lovely people in their personal lives, I just don't like the product they put out.

So pilot boy, if you have a woman in mind that has a right lean, or isn't pedantic, please let me know. Otherwise, post all you want, I'll ignore you as usual.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can ignore all you like, if that's you prerogative. I don't know why exactly my posts are ones you've chosen to ignore. I've debated comfortably with many posters with differing viewpoints than my own, so I'm not sure what exactly it is to which you are so averse. I normally just fight fire with fire, and while you may say 'they're lovely people in their personal lives' calling Mrs. Hasselbeck 'ignorant and bitchy' doesn't really confirm your cause. I'll grant you Dr. Laura can be a bit opinionated and abrasive but if you disagree with what she espouses that's cool too. I just too often see haters of the right and not believers of the left, the late Senator Paul Wellstone of MN was one of the latter.

In good faith I'll post the following:

Ann Coulter has a pod cast, I've a few friends that listen on the regular. She's conservative, yes, but: Ivy educated, has no kids, never been married, dated Bob Guccione's son, listens to Phish and The Grateful Dead, and reads the Bible; that's pretty much the anti-archetype.

Honest question, requesting an honest answer (if you choose not to answer, that's fine): How do you define the classic American Woman archetype?

When someone pulls laws out of their @$$, all we end up with are laws that smell like sh!t. -Skippy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've listened to all of the "This American Life" pod casts and a lot of other stuff on NPR that is pretty good.
Quote Reply
Re: Feminine perspective Podcasts? [original PV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Honest question, requesting an honest answer (if you choose not to answer, that's fine): How do you define the classic American Woman archetype?

That is entirely a generational question, Original PV. What I listen to is likely to be different from what Tigerchick finds motivational and/or entertaining. There is no easy answer. My frame of reference is likely to be meaningless to you.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Feminine perspective Podcasts? [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't disagree at all when it comes to what is or isn't motivational, as that would be specific to the listener. I was just trying to discern from the OP what the so called classic American woman archetype is.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hiya Mward. Check out Slates Double X Gabfest podcast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also there is a BRILLIANT woman cohost on the This Week In Science podcast. Its great if you like science news stories...
http://www.twis.org/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also, have you ever listened to The Moth podcasts? They are amazing, stories told by people without scripts... totally engrossing and a good length 15-20 minutes so you can listen to a few during a workout... If you want to hear just woman you can pick those to download, I'm totally addicted to The Moth!
Quote Reply
Re: Feminine perspective Podcasts? [Hotfly1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'll check those out!
Quote Reply