Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Favorite triathlon products for 2008
Quote | Reply
I got the Garmin 305 for Xmas and love it! It answers all of life's questions: how far, how fast, how high, and how hard and more more more. My other favorite from 2008: Handful sports bra. I literally wear one everyday because they can be worn as a regular bra since it has molded cups and it's so comfortable. I started wearing it for bike commuting to work, I was tired of sweating out my VS bras and I haven't put an uncomfortable underwire since. Love it!

What are your favorite products from this past year?
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite triathlon products for 2008 [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd guess I'd have to say recovery drink. I started using Recoverite dilligently this year training for IM. I had a much easier time training this time around.
Otherwise, I think it would be my silly microfiber addidas dept. store socks. No blisters, nothing during good 'ol wet and soggy IM Lake Placid. I wish I could find them in black. The white is now a nice gray. Oh well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My treadmill. During the dark, rainy winter months it has kept me running when I normally would have said "forget it" and gotten on my trainer instead.

I also love my 305, my Horny Toad velour sweats and finally found my perfect sports bra, the Champion Shiny Seamless Sports Bra. I got the Horny Toad sweats from www.fastlanejane.com (ST Womens owned business) and Champion bra from www.BraDiva.com (another ST Womens owned business).

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite triathlon products for 2008 [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
who is Horny Toad????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My compression tights, the stick, and my kiddie swimming pool.

Last year I wore compression socks almost all the time when I was training for IMAZ. This year I'm all about the tights.

Two weekends ago I did a 60 mile pretty hilly ride, got home, showered, tights on, used the stick to do a quick (but deep) massage of the legs, took a nap, got up did a 10 mile run, showered, put the tights on, quick massage of the legs, slept in the tights. My legs felt GREAT the next day.

The kiddie pool is in place of a bathtub. I don't have one in my house. So it's my ice bath.

Did a 13 mile run last night, stretched, used the stick, got a recovery drink and sat in my ice bath for 15 minutes. Then showered and slept in the tights again. Feel no fatigue in the legs today.

I'm all about recovery products. They help you train hard each workout.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite triathlon products for 2008 [swimfan®] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.hornytoad.com/

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the tribabe "triathlete in training" baby hat I got for my friend. She was just over the moon about it and just sent me the cutest video of the now five month old wearing the hat (and drooling). :)

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The PolyPro Thermal Tri Jerseys from DeSoto. I got one in white and one in black and have worn them all winter.

http://desotosport.com/...inter&ProdID=PZ9

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite triathlon products for 2008 [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was NOT what I hoped!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, in addition to my fav tribabe baby hat, here's another really cool product.

I got my husband a trx suspension training system for the holidays and just tried it tonight for the first time. All I can say is WOW! It's a complete body strength workout (as I type right now my arms are seriously sore) that you do in your own home. It's small and compact so it can easily be stowed in a bag if you travel alot and want to workout in your hotel room. Or, for those days you just don't feel like going to the gym (or simply want to cut another expense in this economy), this thing is fantastic! We got the Trainer Professional model with the over-the-door hanging system so I just set it up on a door and was good to go. I'm so impressed I'm taking it down to Austin next weekend to show off to some girlfriends who I think will also love it.

http://www.fitnessanywhere.com/

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favorite tri stuff.... (by the way thanks Jen for the Fast Lane Jane plug and I too have my Horny Toad pants on right now!!!)
This really cool 1 bead necklace that comes on a black cord and on the bead is painted a swimmer, biker, and runner. A friend of mine bought it at an IM competition and brought it back for me. I have wore it during my 21 month ITB injury to keep me motivated and still wear it today- never take it off and hasn't faded or anything. Wish I could figure out who made it!!

Also I love my Shebeest cycloskort, my 305, and my hot pink swim bag and hot pink pull buoy (just makes me smile since I am the furthest from a girly girl). Last I would say I love love love my Newton Running Shoes!!!

COtrimom

Quote Reply
Re: Favorite triathlon products for 2008 [lilpups] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2 on the TRX.
I did the same thing (bought for my husband), and I am loving it! It's so handy to do 10-20 minutes here and there and it really adds up.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite triathlon products for 2008 [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The PolyPro Thermal Tri Jerseys from DeSoto.
-----------------------------------
I have three. My favorite cool weather piece of clothing.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Re: Favorite triathlon products for 2008 [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I picked up one of these and find it really tight. Is it supposed to be that way? Should I have sized up?

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favorites purchase in 2008 was my mountain bike and my salomon trail shoes. Guess they aren't specific but they help with offseason training so in the long run should benefit my tri training.
Quote Reply