Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Favorite Chamois cream?
Quote | Reply
I raced the Buffalo Springs half on Sunday and just got torn up. I dont remember having that issue last year( same suit, same bike etc) but wondering what you ladies prefer and does is really help? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Chamois cream? [lesage918] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lesage918 wrote:
I raced the Buffalo Springs half on Sunday and just got torn up. I dont remember having that issue last year( same suit, same bike etc) but wondering what you ladies prefer and does is really help? Thanks!
Some suggestions can be found here http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ng=platinum;#3768599

Quote | Reply
if it's the same tri suit you wore last year it's probably stretched out a bit (or you lost weight?). Fit of shorts is important. Tighter fitting the better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assos chamois cream. Sometimes heat, slightly different riding style, or even wind can change your reaction from one ride to another.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lantiseptic. The thick heavy, gross stuff that comes in a tub, not the stuff you can buy in individual packets.

http://activehealthsupply.com/...jar-skin-protectant/

Smells like shit, and you'll have to use baby wipes to get it off your hands, but it's the best butt cream I've ever used.

http://aclockworkmango.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i've tried a few, and i keep coming back to beljum budder: http://www.beljumbudder.com/

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
[/img]

Anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and about $8-10 per tube. The manufacturer says it's safe for wetsuits and I know from personal experience that it stays put better than anything else for an IM-length swim.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Chamois cream? [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks I will check some of those options out!
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Chamois cream? [LuvMyCrappyBike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use nitrile gloves to apply so I don't have to get my hands dirty. Then, I just flip the gloves inside out and toss it in my gear bag (or trash) so the excess lube doesn't get on my other stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DZNuts Bliss

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Smooth Ride Chamois Cream from OA Performance Products for long rides. It is natural based like all their products and works well for women.
http://www.unconmed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So far my favorite is Chamois Butt'r.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using Hoohah Ride Glide. Crazy name, but its pretty good. But for rides longer than 3 hours, it kinda breaks down. I will try some of the others listed here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just use regular diaper rash cream, does not come off
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently tried Sportique Century Riding Cream, after years of using Bag Balm (which started to clog things up and I suffered from ingrown hairs that got infected). So far, it works, it's all natural and it doesn't seem to break down in the heat of AZ. I find that over the years, things shift around, seats break down, bike fit changes ever so slightly, so that what wasn't a problem suddenly becomes one.

http://www.amazon.com/...343165616&sr=1-2

Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Chamois cream? [vols fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love my DZNuts Bliss cream, but for long rides I'll reapply it about halfway so I need to find something that will last for the long haul and won't require reapplying. Some of these products I've heard of and others I haven't so I'll be interested in trying them out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try "Udderly smooth udder cream". You can purchase it at walmart on the cheap. Doesn't leave a gooey mess on the hands. Warning though- works great but tends to thin out after a swim. Great for plain old cycling though- my favorite!

They do have another product-" Udderly smooth chamois cream" that can be ordered online and it's not water soluable, so sticks around, even in the water.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Chamois cream? [hyr00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hyr00 wrote:
Assos chamois cream.

+1. Love my Assos!!! I also use Chamois Butt'r sometimes, but if it's hot outside I will always go towards the Assos!

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beljum Budder. Selected if after lots of research. It must help because I haven't had an incident of torn tissue since I started using it. I still have pain though. But at least no screaming in the shower.
Last edited by: karencoutts: Aug 3, 12 20:30
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Chamois cream? [karencoutts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ex GF sweared by Assos, or got on the recumbent.

Jim Verheul
JBV Coaching.com
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Chamois cream? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beljum Budder
Have used a host of others and have found BB to be really good (and no parabens either if you're avoiding them).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aquaphor ointment. Cheaper than some options, and available at the drugstore!

@copy_chic
Quote Reply